PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 283 fax issue.

Custom Search

fixthecopier
09-18-2015, 01:33 AM
I went to a church to install 2 maintence items they had purchased. When i got there the machine had a code on it that pointed to the control board. I talked them into buying one of our bizhub 283's from an old contract.

They called this morning and wanted the machine today. I pulled one out with a low meter that looked like new. Was testing the machine and had a problem. The machine had a fax board but the fax was never set up or used. I set the board in the program. the machine would recieve a fax with no issue. When I try to send, nothing. I went through all the settings and found no issue so I called KM tech support. The guy had one in his shop and went through all the settings with me. We changed a lot of them, to "dumb down" the machine. Nothing worked. Tech support concluded I had a bad board. Not very likely in my opinion but I went to the warehouse and pulled another board of a machine. Got the same result. At this point I saw another 283 behind me someone had pulled to sell. It was from the same batch of machines. Fax worked fine. Had about the same meter, and we were close to our delivery time, so I took the one that worked.

I know it has to be something stupid, but tech support couldn't help, so I need some help. Any ideas?

blackcat4866
09-18-2015, 02:00 AM
I know this sounds obvious, but was the option Set or UnSet in System2 > Option Board?
Did you initialize the fax, like during setup? =^..^=

fixthecopier
09-18-2015, 02:21 AM
I know this sounds obvious, but was the option Set or UnSet in System2 > Option Board?
Did you initialize the fax, like during setup? =^..^=

At first it was unset, which did not give me the option to even dial the number. I set the board and that's when it would receive faxes. I did initialize it. If I didn't have to rush the working box out the door, I would have put the machines side by side and copy all the settings. All else fails I will have to find another machine and compare. The error is 81, no answer.

I loved the simplicity of the bizhub 250. All I had to do was set it to G3 and was done.

allan
09-18-2015, 02:29 AM
Are u sure the fax card is set to line1?

blackcat4866
09-18-2015, 02:35 AM
The initialize should have defaulted all the fax settings. What region was selected? US preferably.
Is your enduser on a PBx (digital phone line) or analog?
And you're connecting the phone line to the LINE connection?

Some of these things seem obvious, but it's the simple things the catch us up in the end. =^..^=

fixthecopier
09-18-2015, 03:23 AM
The initialize should have defaulted all the fax settings. What region was selected? US preferably.
Is your enduser on a PBx (digital phone line) or analog?
And you're connecting the phone line to the LINE connection?

Some of these things seem obvious, but it's the simple things the catch us up in the end. =^..^=

Come to think of it, I don't remember selecting the region. Have to drive a couple of hours to put firmware in an old Xerox. I'll check it when I get back.

wseyller
09-18-2015, 04:08 AM
Try to factory reset the copier and hdd format to make sure. Make sure firmware is good and up to date. Sounds like fax card is ok, so I would try a different mfp board.

Assuming you installed the fax card correctly per the installation manual.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Custom Search