PDA

View Full Version : Google Cloud print wiping out Serial number on C308/C368

Custom Search

hotfuser
09-18-2015, 08:32 AM
When we atempt to setup Google Cloud Print on a C368 MFD, we can deploy the application through the IWS Install Tool, and can then register the device using the web browser with extra memory. When we have registered the device, as soon as we attempt to print through Google Cloud Print, an error pops up (please see attached photo) which says Serial Number Must Be Entered, Please Contact Service Representative.

When we then look at the Network settings, the IP Address, Subnet and Default Gateway are all set to 0.0.0.0 (Please see screenshots below), when they should have Manual IP settings. However we can still browse to PageScope Web Connection (as shown below) and we can print using Google Cloud print. It also locks out the copy and scan functions. The only way we can re-activate these functions is to go into Service Mode and input the serial number in System 1.

We have been using this app on C224e’s without a problem in a live environment and it works well.

Once we re-enter the serial number, if we login to admin mode on the web page, web browser is now disabled, as is IWS and Bonjour.

We have also managed to produce the issue on a C308 with firmware G00-16 (00).

EarthKmTech
09-18-2015, 09:01 AM
escalate this, it will be a bug.

theres never ever a shortage of bugs on a new machine release.

hotfuser
09-18-2015, 09:14 AM
escalate this, it will be a bug.

theres never ever a shortage of bugs on a new machine release.

Oh yes we were straight on to KM to get this escalated

EarthKmTech
09-18-2015, 09:33 AM
Good, then I can count on it being fixed by the time we start selling them ;)

emujo
09-18-2015, 03:12 PM
I'm confused when you say "IWS Install tool"..What do you mean by this..Are you trying to setup scan to google cloud using market place apps, or some other connector? Emujo

hotfuser
09-18-2015, 03:26 PM
I'm confused when you say "IWS Install tool"..What do you mean by this..Are you trying to setup scan to google cloud using market place apps, or some other connector? Emujo

this is the official tool for installing Apps recommended by KM

emujo
09-18-2015, 05:15 PM
So you are using market place...there has been an update to the market place app, you may want to update your installer and try to push the app again. Emujo

hotfuser
09-18-2015, 05:34 PM
So you are using market place...there has been an update to the market place app, you may want to update your installer and try to push the app again. Emujo

We have the latest App which on the UK site was released on the 4th Sept

emujo
09-18-2015, 05:50 PM
Just to be sure..my installer is ver 1.75/marketplace version 2.0.1...We were having issues where the installer would push the app, but the MFP would never initialize, once they fixed that, the default website to pull from the marketplace was wrong. All sorts of problems for about a week. I'm sorry I don't have a demo or NFR to test out for you. Emujo

Edit I went back and re-read your post and saw C308...did you enable the LK101 before you tried to install the app? By default it's installed, but not active. Emujo

wseyller
09-19-2015, 12:18 AM
Just to be sure..my installer is ver 1.75/marketplace version 2.0.1...We were having issues where the installer would push the app, but the MFP would never initialize, once they fixed that, the default website to pull from the marketplace was wrong. All sorts of problems for about a week. I'm sorry I don't have a demo or NFR to test out for you. Emujo

Edit I went back and re-read your post and saw C308...did you enable the LK101 before you tried to install the app? By default it's installed, but not active. Emujo
I don't think these even need an LK license for the web browser if its like the 227. By default group A is default then you turn on web browser to use Group B to enable web browser. Extra memory needed to enable both Group A & B at same time.

I don't think he is talking about marketplace either. Google cloud print install to advertise printer to the cloud without the need for a host PC. ISW and browser is needed to configure it. Marketplace is not a requirement for GCP.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

hotfuser
09-25-2015, 02:35 PM
When we atempt to setup Google Cloud Print on a C368 MFD, we can deploy the application through the IWS Install Tool, and can then register the device using the web browser with extra memory. When we have registered the device, as soon as we attempt to print through Google Cloud Print, an error pops up (please see attached photo) which says Serial Number Must Be Entered, Please Contact Service Representative.

When we then look at the Network settings, the IP Address, Subnet and Default Gateway are all set to 0.0.0.0 (Please see screenshots below), when they should have Manual IP settings. However we can still browse to PageScope Web Connection (as shown below) and we can print using Google Cloud print. It also locks out the copy and scan functions. The only way we can re-activate these functions is to go into Service Mode and input the serial number in System 1.

We have been using this app on C224e’s without a problem in a live environment and it works well.

Once we re-enter the serial number, if we login to admin mode on the web page, web browser is now disabled, as is IWS and Bonjour.

We have also managed to produce the issue on a C308 with firmware G00-16 (00).

Problem solved version 1.00002 has just been realeased. Also the issue with it wiping the ip address and all settings can still happen if you do not re-start the app through the copier.

Custom Search