PDA

View Full Version : C6500 jamming in fuser

Custom Search

dogsbody
06-03-2008, 11:50 AM
Hello everybody,
went to my one and only C6500 today and they were complaining that one particular job was jamming in the fuser (all other jobs were fine). it has heavy coverage and basically the paper sticks to the fuser belt and follows it up and around the top. the fuser rollers were somewhat close to due so i changed the belt and lower roller and swore at it when the first page did it again.
the machine has done something similar in the past but bumping up the weight and slowing it down did the trick.
the paper is ordinary 80gsm SRA3, i have tried just about every combination of paper weight and type to try and get it through but it just wont play the game.
the job is a "step and repeat" pdf so instead of 8 i got her to run 6 to a page allowing a big white leading edge which let them get the job done but the boss there was not impressed with the extra sheets they would have to run.
anyone seen something similar and resolved it, or got an idea of what may be going on?
i have attached a screen shot of the pdf, if the actual file would help just say.
cheers.

twinax
06-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Hi guy,

I already got this problem.
If I understand your problem is with normal paper 80gsm.

The problem is that the thinkness of paper is not strong enough, with a complete image (solid color) there are more toner than paper, the paper make a curve due to the high toner quantity and jam in fuser.

Our solution was to inform our customer about this effect, because for us there is no other solution that change the paper for stronger one (like 100gsm for color).

I hope to help you with that,

Regards,

Twinax

laserman06
06-04-2008, 02:09 AM
I had the same problem on a C5500. Could not get the job to run. Every other job ran fine. Searched Konica's site and came up with a work around that worked for the customer.

Basically you change a setting in the driver. Select toner reduction under image tab.

Could not tell the difference in the output, but the job ran just fine.

dogsbody
06-04-2008, 12:58 PM
thanks for the response guys,
i put off going there today, have to go tomorrow but so will give it a go.
Konica PTSC here reckon that setting the paper weight lower and the speed to low may help - we'll see.
If the toner reduction doesn't work they will just have to run heavier stock or give it a bigger white leading edge.
Cheers.

dogsbody
06-05-2008, 10:11 AM
the toner reduction worked well,
thanks again guys

leo
06-05-2008, 12:27 PM
i think you have dirt on the drivebelt of the fuser. clean og use sparepart.

Custom Search