PDA

View Full Version : KM C250 to much black

Custom Search

vlad_robas
09-22-2015, 01:51 PM
Hello,
I'm Sharp tech I don't usualy do KM, other than our C6500.

I have a customer with this machine and about few month's ago I have replaced black unit with a new one but at that moment I haven't done any adjustment.
But is way to much toner on the page, see atach.

What can I do now to lower toner level in the unit?3069930699

copier addict
09-22-2015, 03:21 PM
Start with go into service mode and running "initialize/stabilize" Then run "gradation"

Kurtillton
09-22-2015, 03:24 PM
Hello,

This could be a number of issues, try going on to maintenance mode and adjust the gradation with in +/- 100

vlad_robas
09-24-2015, 06:19 AM
I'm in the right place?30727
This is actualy an OCE 171 but it is working with C250 supllies.
"initialize/stabilize" and "gradation" didn't help
I can't find tech rep mode.

blackcat4866
09-24-2015, 11:42 AM
I'm in the right place?30727
This is actualy an OCE 171 but it is working with C250 supllies.
"initialize/stabilize" and "gradation" didn't help
I can't find tech rep mode.

I think you just did.

What was it that you were trying to fix? The image looks fine to me. =^..^=

vlad_robas
09-24-2015, 12:17 PM
I think you just did.

What was it that you were trying to fix? The image looks fine to me. =^..^=

As I stated early im not realy god with km but there is way to much black on the print, then is trowing 2557 error and cartridge is doing only 1/4 pages than before replacemet of the unit.

DelawareJim
09-26-2015, 09:20 PM
To lower the percentage of black toner in the black image unit: Enter the Service Mode, choose Image Process Adjustment, and then TCR Toner Supply. Choose Black and then choose a lower number. This may help your situation.
You can also lower the amount of toner used to make a copy by going into Service Mode and choose Image Process Adjustment. Choose D Max Density and choose black. The number shown should be a zero. The adjustment range goes form -10 to a +10. If it is already on 0, try a negative 5. This will apply less black.
One more thing to check, Service Mode, choose Background Voltage Margin and make sure that all colors including black are set to zero.
Also, when the manufacturer states a toner yield, for example 20,000 pages per cartridge, it is based upon a 5 percent black area on each copy. This is the old fashioned double spaced typewritten page. In today's world, most copies and prints use way more than that....we anticipate the yield to be about half of whatever the manufacturer states.

peter@digitalswebsite.com
10-02-2015, 02:48 PM
Pull the black image unit and transfer belt, clean the sensor , looks like a cleaning lamp sits right under the transfer belt by the black IU, then run gradation, there is also a black plastic film that covers that lamp/sensor, I have seen those come off

Custom Search