PDA

View Full Version : KM C6500

Custom Search

vlad_robas
09-24-2015, 06:07 PM
Hello,
I'm not a KM trained tech. We have in our copyshop C6500 that is doing some white lines, very thin one's, like in the atach, is doing them mostly on black but I can barely see them on magenta too.
Atached is a sim 53 with 125.
I have drawn myself those black lines to be easier to spot.
Since that white lines apear I have changed:
Developing unit and developer, charging corona, and switched betwen drum unit and led bar below drum unit.
And the line's are still there, if I stop a paper under the belt I can see those lines on it.
I have take the LSU unit's and clen them on the exterior. Transfer roller is almost new, filter's too.

Any other good ideeas?

Mick01
09-29-2015, 01:55 AM
Hi,
You have to determine where the lines are coming from.
You indicate that the lines appear on magenta also. If this is true then the issue will relate to the transfer belt unit.
Try the following:
Print test pattern 53 K only at 120
Print test pattern 53 M only at 120
If the lines appear in the same positon then it is the transfer belt. Replace the transfer belt and internal transfer rollers.
Hope this helps.

dljorg
10-12-2015, 09:56 PM
Hello -

Thin white lines are almost always dirt in the laser light path, usually under the dev unit. Easiest way to take care of it is to remove the transfer belt unit and the drum. Hold a flashlight at an angle and you will see little fuzzys. The stuff is like what is in the dust bunnys under your bed at home (at least under my bed). NO VACUUM in this area as you will blow the drum potential sensor. I like to use a clean shop towel and draw it from right to left in the laser path. Some like a blower brush or canned air.

The block of the laser light path can be the toner shield glass dirty too but much less likely.

Prevention:
Take 4 filter panels out of the black dust filter on the left side of the machine but hang on to them. Makes the fans work better. Taking out 4 leaves 4 and I would take the dirty ones out at about 50K. Be sure to vacuum the cavity for the filter, especially at the bottom.

Air flow into the process carriage area is from the right side where the lasers are. Have had a couple of places that were dusty and we could not get calls for white lines to stop. This is a major pain but we stripped the main body, ADU, Process Carriage, Lasers, Exit assembly, and got an air compressor, took the thing to a place where making a dust cloud would not be a problem and REALLY hosed the thing down. Emphasis on the laser cavity. If you have done this then get some filter cloth and cover the laser cooling fans on the right side - they are what is blowing in the dirt.

Best of luck,

dljorg

Custom Search