PDA

View Full Version : Black line in crossfeed direction on C6501

Custom Search

seniortech
09-27-2015, 11:41 AM
Does anyone have any idea what may be causing the black line as shown in the attached file, it is showing on all types/weights of media but is far worse on heavier stock. It is always in exactly the same place when printing test print 53 it only shows on black C,M and Y are all fine. Transfer, registration loop, charge and DC seperation settings have all been adjusted to try and cure as we1l as swapping the black drum with another colour but nothing has made difference.

Many Thanks

Iowatech
09-28-2015, 01:53 AM
Well, while we wait for people with experience on modern KM equipment (I only worked on Konica equipment back in the analog days), I do have a suggestion.
But first, to make sure I don't waste too much of your time, does that line look the same on prints of just text? And is the trailing edge deletion exactly the same on heavier and lighter paper weights? If the answer to those two questions is yes, please ignore the rest of this post because it is wrong.

Otherwise, if the text looks compressed where that line occurs, or if the trailing edge deletion on heavier paper weights is somewhat larger than on the lighter weight paper, I'd look for something at or near the fuser entrance that momentarily causes the paper to stall or slow down. As the paper stalls, the drum continues to turn causing a dark line or compressed looking text. As heavier weight paper tends to stall somewhat longer that lighter weight paper, the trailing edge deletion will be somewhat larger on the heavier weight paper.

Mick01
09-29-2015, 01:47 AM
Hi,
If it is on all paper weights it could be relating to the fuser entrance sensor. This regulates the fusing speed.
I would check the actuator for wear. Replace both the actuator and sensor.
Hope this helps.

Custom Search