PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub 751 Compact Flash Problem

Custom Search

arthspotter
09-28-2015, 02:43 PM
My Bizhub C252 just change the PWB board with the new one, and i have to re-writing firmware.
to writing firmware i have to use Compact flash. in this day hard to find compact flash with 256 Mb capacity

i remember that bizhub 751 had a CF inside.

so i took it, and backup the data. and format with firmware imaging toolkit.
now my bizhub C252 already OK. but the new problem my Bizhub 751 cannot recognize the CF.
i tried to format it to FAT and put back the backup data, it couldn't help.

any solution ?
please give me some help guys. i have many jobs to prints with my bizhub 751.

i think i fix the problem but in fact i have to face the biggest one because wrong decision.

please help me how to fix this problem. until now even i tried to format with firmware imaging toolkit and put back the backup data
is not work. always loading with hourglass.

copyman
09-28-2015, 04:24 PM
My experience is you should never format the CF card. You should just write over. Sorry to inform you that once the CF card is formatted it will not work.

allan
09-28-2015, 04:59 PM
There is a way to format it, try using exFat.

emujo
09-28-2015, 04:59 PM
Wow, you know enough to be able to pull the CF card from a working MFP and use it to load firmware on a C252, but now you have a dead 751 and you can't figure out how to recover...+1 -1 so you've effectively got nowhere...There is a way to recover the CF card, the process is already on CTN many time over, so I'm not going to go through it again...you may have to do a little searching...other than that, buy a new CF card from KM and pop it in the MFP. Back in the Navy we would call you a "tweaker"..someone who makes adjustments to a system without any idea what effects they will have on other systems. Usually just wound up breaking several interdependent systems and someone else would have to spend his/her off time fixing it...Emujo

allan
09-28-2015, 05:08 PM
I took a CF card to the OEM training center. One of the managers there used an app to reformat it. Takes half an hour or so.

copyman
09-28-2015, 07:15 PM
I never had good results trying to use a program after I formatted a card by mistake. Didn't work for me. I must of been using the wrong program.

arthspotter
09-29-2015, 01:29 AM
thank you guys for some advice..
i just tried to format it with extFAT is not help too..

maybe i should buy the new one

EarthKmTech
09-29-2015, 01:34 AM
thank you guys for some advice..
i just tried to format it with extFAT is not help too..

maybe i should buy the new one

when you find out what KM charges for this card you may start to cry. This was a VERY bad idea.

_SuabE_
09-29-2015, 01:47 AM
Do you have another machine Bizhub 751 working? it will help.. to format the CF, i can show it to you remotely on your pc..

Reed
09-29-2015, 05:11 AM
As everyone stated you, formatting the card with with the firmware imaging tool kit or using windows (FAT32 or exFat) I had to learn the hard way also but I was already trying to revive a dead machine. Supposedly you can rewrite the compact flash card using a Hex editor program. You have to rewrite it to all "zeroes" this essentially writes the card back to factory specs. At which time you can reload the correct firmware and install the CF card back into the machine. BTW.. not all compact flash cards will work. I was able to rewrite several cards but have not had to use them so I do not know if they will actually work. You will know the card is back to factory specs when you connect it to your PC and the PC will ask you to format it (do not format card!) I spent countless hours trying all the same things you have already tried... good luck

Downunder
10-08-2015, 06:19 AM
Crazy guys. The time you spend trying to do stuff, just get a new flash card. The flash cards have VXworks on them -- dont format these cards if you want to use them in the same machine.

Custom Search