PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Konica Minolta Magicolor 2490 MF

Custom Search

nivi3
09-28-2015, 05:37 PM
When I start the printer, most of the times I get the message on the display which
says that "Cyan Toner is Missing". The toner is there and properly installed. Only some
times the message doesn't show up. What could be the reason for printer not recognizing
the toner? The toner's life is not over too.

Also, the printer has frequent paper jams inside the machines even even when I use fresh paper.
Any suggestions?

Please let me know.

allan
09-28-2015, 06:08 PM
The pins on the chip contact bends. Its a poor design. I have spent a lot of time fixing those contacts.

Hansoon
09-28-2015, 06:15 PM
A) Toner came into the little black plastic block with the 3 contacts sitting under the carousel at the right hand side of the machine therefore its cannot sense the presence of one or more of the toner units. Remove drumunit and also all toner units to remove the contact block and clean inside. Careful, the mounting tabs break of very, very, very easily.

B) There is a patch on the synchro solenoid which became sticky. Replace with any kind of plastic. See attachment.

Hans

tech51
09-28-2015, 06:20 PM
It will be bent contacts as Allen has stated. I never repaired them though, just replaced the block with the contacts in. Also the chips on the toners can get dirty and become unreadable. I use a piece of fine sand paper to clean them.
The jamming can be anything from a worn feed roller to a sticking solenoid or worn out fuser. Apart from the feed roller, everything on this model is total pain to replace. I'm lucky I only have a couple of them left but have spent many hours on this model.
If you search on this forum for C10 ( the european model number for the c2490)problems you will get plenty of advice.

allan
09-28-2015, 06:27 PM
You have to remove them to fix them. Its a horrible machine. Pretty sure that was the end of carousel systems.
I wash the solenoid pads off with contact cleaner and the pipe thingy without striping the machine all the way.

rrrohan
09-30-2015, 05:38 AM
Reminds me of the canon LBP. I felt sorry for anyone that had it next to their desk, listening to the carousel cluncking through all 4 colours would drive you crazy after few hours

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

allan
09-30-2015, 08:42 PM
Reminds me of the canon LBP. I felt sorry for anyone that had it next to their desk, listening to the carousel cluncking through all 4 colours would drive you crazy after few hours

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

It's a real table shaker.

Custom Search