PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C454E Poor black density

Custom Search

axdexter
09-28-2015, 09:36 PM
Hello. I have a C454E with around 60,000 copies. The black density is poor and streaky,
almost like a bad drum. If you run halftones with any othercolor they are fine. Just black
is bad. I swapped the drum and developer units, transfer belt and roller,updated firmware
, swapped memory (never know), and the problem is still there. You can streaks in the copy
count sheet, that are in opposite direction of the paper feed. I have an hv board ordered,
along with a mfp board. Just looking for any suggestions.

Thank for any help

blackcat4866
09-29-2015, 12:20 AM
At the very least I would have calibrated the machine first. =^..^=

matthewr88
09-29-2015, 12:30 AM
looks like drum charge when the machines trying to do the full tones

HV board is my first thought

axdexter
09-29-2015, 01:11 AM
I thought it may have been the Hv unit too. It will be in tomorrow and I will find out.

Thank you for the help

EarthKmTech
09-29-2015, 01:41 AM
also check the black laser window hasn't been scratched the hell out of with spilled developer and cleaning wand.

rookie mistake if it has...

axdexter
09-29-2015, 01:51 AM
also check the black laser window hasn't been ground down with spilled developer and cleaning wand.

rookie mistake if it has...

I pulled the print head, it was spotless. No leaking developer units, and not a drop of dv anywhere. Of course opening a ticket
"check firmware, replace memory, than mfp board!". I dont think its a supply problem, I swapped drums around (swapping chip also),
before replacing the black drum and developer unit.

Checked Tech rep mode > State Confirmation > Table Number

All voltages are with a few volts of each other other than the black being 10v higher than the color.

Vdc - Developer Bias around for black was 368

Vg - Grid Voltage around 478

I will replace the hv unit tomorrow

Custom Search