PDA

View Full Version : Biz Hub 454e

Custom Search

antone
10-02-2015, 12:21 AM
Tray 1 skewing copies tray 2 fine only 65k on meter.Checked everything..anything to add.

blackcat4866
10-02-2015, 01:22 AM
Not to be excessively critical, but if you checked everything it would already be fixed. Perhaps you could qualify exactly what is "everything"?
=^..^=

antone
10-02-2015, 01:24 AM
Not to be excessively critical, but if you checked everything it would already be fixed. Perhaps you could qualify exactly what is "everything"?
=^..^=
New rollers,tray feed station,tray it's self cleaned all senors

blackcat4866
10-02-2015, 01:51 AM
I had a 454e that was wearing the separation roller for tray #1 unevenly, rounding off one edge, skewing, and jamming, in less than 5000 prints.

That feed unit is primarily plastic, and that particular unit was very sloppy where the drive bushings fit into the frame. If you sighted across the rollers when they were pressed together, the front edge of the separation roller touched when the rear edge still had a gap. I suspected that all these units are like this, so I did a simple modification. I removed the metal reinforcement across the top of the feed unit and warped the center down ~5mm. When it was re-attached the difference in height was closer to 4mm, and the rollers contacted evenly.

This machine got 3 sets of rollers into tray #1 until the mod, then have not been touched in the last 60K.

You might look at that. =^..^=

Custom Search