PDA

View Full Version : SD-512 intermittently misfolding

Custom Search

Aquatic
10-02-2015, 02:51 AM
I have a C754e with a FS-535 finisher and a SD-512. It seems to fold some half fold booklets either skewed or in the wrong place. Sometimes it will fold an inch from the lead edge or it would do a skewed fold close to midway down the page. It also seems to only begin to do this after about 100ish booklets. It did it after a 100, then 50 then every other one intermittently. paper path was clear, cleaned the plates, cleaned the rollers, updated firmware. Unfortunately the manual doesn't list much but the adjustments. The machine has a little over 1mil copies, and the paper is run from tray 1. Anyone run into this or have any ideas? :confused:

blackcat4866
10-02-2015, 03:01 AM
Not just this saddle stitcher, but on others, the most important thing seems to be getting the paper tray guides snugly on the paper, and displaying the correct paper size. If the guides are loose by 3mm it will skew and jam constantly. If it's displaying paper size CUSTOM or any other paper size it will jam in the saddle stitcher. What media type, gloss? =^..^=

Aquatic
10-02-2015, 03:16 AM
Not just this saddle stitcher, but on others, the most important thing seems to be getting the paper tray guides snugly on the paper, and displaying the correct paper size. If the guides are loose by 3mm it will skew and jam constantly. If it's displaying paper size CUSTOM or any other paper size it will jam in the saddle stitcher. What media type, gloss? =^..^=

I checked the tray and loaded a fresh ream of paper myself. The guides were snug. The paper was Boise X-9 plain copy paper.

tech51
10-02-2015, 06:26 PM
Check the two mylars that guide the paper down into the stacker. They are the ones that sit just above the paddles that pull the paper down.
I had one with a split in it that caused all of your symptoms plus jamming in my case.
The split was very difficult to see, but once repaired the unit ran flawlessly.
There is also a mod for the paper gripper that the paper drives into.

Gaffers01
10-05-2015, 10:52 AM
Yep I second the Mylars, when I get this problem I always replace these mylars.
They often look fine when inside the machine.

EarthKmTech
10-05-2015, 10:57 AM
Check the two mylars that guide the paper down into the stacker. They are the ones that sit just above the paddles that pull the paper down.
I had one with a split in it that caused all of your symptoms plus jamming in my case.

do you have info on this gripper mod ?

I've had some techs rebuild that gripper section which has fixed some issues in the past.

nullskull
10-26-2023, 12:11 AM

Hello i know this is an old thread but would you happen to have a picture of where these mylars are located?

Custom Search