PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub 454e fax problem

Custom Search

KM7155
10-05-2015, 01:32 PM
Hi Guys,

any advise for below issue?
this machine sending fax with no issue, just that it cannot receive any incoming fax.
confirm the fax line is ok, seems the machine not wake up to the incoming fax.
any help will be much appreciated.

blackcat4866
10-05-2015, 01:45 PM
When you say the fax line is fine, do you mean that you connected an analog telephone to the customers phone line and dialed the fax number from your cell. Then the telephone rang (preferably peaking around 110vac). Then when you answered you could hear the sender? That's what I mean when I say the line is fine.

Is the MFP set to Auto Rx? Is it set to Normal ring? Is the phone cord connected to the LINE connection, not the handset connection? =^..^=

KM7155
10-05-2015, 01:53 PM
When you say the fax line is fine, do you mean that you connected an analog telephone to the customers phone line and dialed the fax number from your cell. Then the telephone rang (preferably peaking around 110vac). Then when you answered you could hear the sender? That's what I mean when I say the line is fine.

Is the MFP set to Auto Rx? Is it set to Normal ring? Is the phone cord connected to the LINE connection, not the handset connection? =^..^=

Hi, yes, i connect the fax line to an analog machine, when i dial the number from my mobilephone,
it rang from the analog phone, so i assume the line is working fine.
this is a newly setup machine, the weird thing is it can send out faxes.
yes, the fax is set to auto Rx, yes, its in normal ring and in Line port.
confirm with another FK-511, same issue.

darry1322
10-05-2015, 02:43 PM
Hi Guys,

any advise for below issue?
this machine sending fax with no issue, just that it cannot receive any incoming fax.
confirm the fax line is ok, seems the machine not wake up to the incoming fax.
any help will be much appreciated.

Will it receive a fax while it is currently awake and active?

In other words, is it a fax issue or a sleep mode issue?

kingarthur
10-05-2015, 04:47 PM
is this replacing a fax that was already it situ, have you fitted the fax cable that came with the fax kit, or have you used a fax cable that was on the customers premises, when you phone the fax from your mobile...what happens

KM7155
10-06-2015, 05:26 AM
Will it receive a fax while it is currently awake and active?

In other words, is it a fax issue or a sleep mode issue?

Hi, the fax is not working either in active mode or sleep mode.

KM7155
10-06-2015, 05:29 AM
is this replacing a fax that was already it situ, have you fitted the fax cable that came with the fax kit, or have you used a fax cable that was on the customers premises, when you phone the fax from your mobile...what happens

Hi, i have try to change the fax cable, problem still there.
This new machine replace the old KM421 machine.
When i call from my phone, it just ring, cannot go into
Data mode.

darry1322
10-06-2015, 11:24 AM
Is the Marketing Area set correctly for the fax unit?

KM7155
10-06-2015, 01:37 PM
Is the Marketing Area set correctly for the fax unit?

YES, marketing area is set to correct country.

allan
10-06-2015, 04:09 PM
Is it set to line1 or line2?

Had a couple of bad new FK-511's at a time doing the same thing. Check the error log for any codes.

wseyller
10-07-2015, 12:29 AM
I was told by Konica Minolta support today that there is a special firmware coming out very soon that addresses issue with many models that have problem with fax when copier is in sleep mode.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

blackcat4866
10-07-2015, 12:44 AM

KM7155
10-07-2015, 01:08 PM
I was told by Konica Minolta support today that there is a special firmware coming out very soon that addresses issue with many models that have problem with fax when copier is in sleep mode.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

my problem is the fax is not working even not in sleep mode.

KM7155
10-07-2015, 01:10 PM
Is it set to line1 or line2?

Had a couple of bad new FK-511's at a time doing the same thing. Check the error log for any codes.

if the fax is set the line 2, will it be able to fax out? i confirm the fax is set the line1 in the service mode.

emujo
10-07-2015, 07:17 PM
Most of our fax issues are caused by a non analog line...Just because you see a fax cable coming out of the MFP and disappearing into the wall does not mean it's a analog fax line...Some of the other issues are already mentioned...country code is another culprit. We also turn OFF ECM, and JPEG sending. There is a 2 wire fax line that helps eliminate cross talk. Putting the MFP in OFF-HOOK and manually faxing can help diagnose problems, also dial the MFP from your phone and see what kind of answer you get. Be sure the fax is wired to the correct slot (both the pinned and USB cable, they are labeled FAX1). Fax should be initialized at setup and you want to do all your changes after the initialization. Ask the customer to show you the phone bill with the line charge on it...I have seen many converters work, but again, when they fail (protocol error, missing images, 1/2 sheets ect) almost all the time it's due to a digital line...The weird thing is I've seen a bizhub 350 work flawlessly for 4 years on a digital line, but the replacement MFP (C360/C224e etc) was buggy from the get go. You have to assume that this is due to the low fault tolerances of a microprocessor controlled fax board. The service handbook lists the values for send/receive, might be a good idea to get a line tester to check these values. Emujo

KM7155
10-08-2015, 02:39 AM
Most of our fax issues are caused by a non analog line...Just because you see a fax cable coming out of the MFP and disappearing into the wall does not mean it's a analog fax line...Some of the other issues are already mentioned...country code is another culprit. We also turn OFF ECM, and JPEG sending. There is a 2 wire fax line that helps eliminate cross talk. Putting the MFP in OFF-HOOK and manually faxing can help diagnose problems, also dial the MFP from your phone and see what kind of answer you get. Be sure the fax is wired to the correct slot (both the pinned and USB cable, they are labeled FAX1). Fax should be initialized at setup and you want to do all your changes after the initialization. Ask the customer to show you the phone bill with the line charge on it...I have seen many converters work, but again, when they fail (protocol error, missing images, 1/2 sheets ect) almost all the time it's due to a digital line...The weird thing is I've seen a bizhub 350 work flawlessly for 4 years on a digital line, but the replacement MFP (C360/C224e etc) was buggy from the get go. You have to assume that this is due to the low fault tolerances of a microprocessor controlled fax board. The service handbook lists the values for send/receive, might be a good idea to get a line tester to check these values. Emujo

Hi Emujo,

thanks for ur details replied.
the problem now is when i use my mobilephone to call the fax line, the line got thru, but not into data mode, forever it will " toot toot"
good point when u mention the off hook function, i found out when i call with my mobilephone, then i press the offhook button, the fax kit
seems to response to the offhook button, and my mobilephone can hear the data mode sound.
now beside this machine, i have put in another bizhub machine with fax, it works perfectly.

Custom Search