PDA

View Full Version : New Bizhub C308 error C-9403

Custom Search

wseyller
10-05-2015, 11:57 PM
Just thought I'd share. This is the first one of this model we have purchased.

Occurred upon first power up brand new out of the box.

Installed another DF-704 adf and scan board

Then disconnected and disabled the adf/scan board from the copier and it still codes C-9403

Did trouble resets of course.

I haven't yet flashed new firmware yet, but besides that it is looking like MFP Board to me.

EarthKmTech
10-06-2015, 02:44 AM
is the code the same as the old 4 series, in that its complaining about second side scanning ?

It seems a bit suspect that the code should remain and not reset even after disabling the document feeder option in service mode, very suspect indeed. Sounds like typical high quality KM firmware.....

wseyller
10-06-2015, 03:32 AM
is the code the same as the old 4 series, in that its complaining about second side scanning ?

It seems a bit suspect that the code should remain and not reset even after disabling the document feeder option in service mode, very suspect indeed. Sounds like typical high quality KM firmware.....

If the service manual is correct I believe so. Issue related to the CIS. Relevant parts are the DF-704, dual scan board, mfp board, ect.

I thought it was strange too, but I've seen stranger things happen. It looks like there is newer firmware so I am going to try this 1st thing tomorrow morning to satisfy KMBS support. I am the only one "certified" on this model so I will be the one calling in on this one.

Cool thing is there is no ribbon cable anymore on the dual scan board to get damaged easily by the installers.

I will post my findings.

wseyller
10-06-2015, 02:12 PM
So when I got in this morning I looks like the firmware is actually up to date. So I trouble reset to verify it still codes out C9403 with adf removed and unset. I then decide to disconnnect the fax card. I then trouble reset again and the copier now comes up error free.

Then I hook the adf back up and configure, no code.

Then I checked the fax card and make sure it was set to correct line. Then reconnected it and configured per the install instructions and it all works fine now.

EarthKmTech
10-06-2015, 02:45 PM
what the actual F.

Well, thanks for letting us know.

I start training on this model next week, and will start selling them shortly after.

allan
10-06-2015, 04:06 PM
So when I got in this morning I looks like the firmware is actually up to date. So I trouble reset to verify it still codes out C9403 with adf removed and unset. I then decide to disconnnect the fax card. I then trouble reset again and the copier now comes up error free.

Then I checked the fax card and make sure it was set to correct line. Then reconnected it and configured per the install instructions and it all works fine now.

If you get and SSD error code on a B36 removing or replacing the fax does the job there as well.

EarthKmTech
10-07-2015, 01:37 PM
whats the print quality like on these new machines ?

I was disappointed to learn KM have moved onto charge rollers in this new series.

I can see there being a new range of print quality faults to keep us all busy in the future.

CompyTech
10-07-2015, 07:34 PM
whats the print quality like on these new machines ?

I was disappointed to learn KM have moved onto charge rollers in this new series.

I can see there being a new range of print quality faults to keep us all busy in the future.

If it functions like the color Kyoceras.. expect PQ issues more often. Charge rollers on the Taskalfas often wear out before the drums do.

wseyller
10-07-2015, 09:56 PM
Will probably be not so good with aftermarket toner.

Cantechman
12-23-2015, 12:05 AM

Has the error stayed away? I have the same error now on a week old install of a c308.

wseyller
12-23-2015, 12:56 AM
I havent heard anything but there is a chance another tech took the call and I was never told about it. I don't even know where that machine is now.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

fishleg
03-16-2016, 09:03 AM
Same problem here brand new out of box code appears... Any new info?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Custom Search