PDA

View Full Version : BZ951 J2101b

Custom Search

tech51
10-07-2015, 06:29 PM
Hello all,
I have a bz951 which has been randomly jamming with paper trapped behind the drum claws, with code J2101.
The problem is that it will do it four or five times but then run hundreds of prints before doing it again.
The customer has tried using a different brand of paper but it still happens.
I have tried the settings suggested in the trouble shooting guide but it still randomly happens.
The machine has had a new transfer belt assembly, has been fully serviced recently and is on the latest firmware.
Anyone had this fault?

Jvarao23
10-07-2015, 06:55 PM
I had this issue on a b1051. J-2101
I followed all the bulletins via konica minolta. I replaced meaningless parts and circuit boards. To no end I still had the j-2101 jams.

The customer was using WB Masons myface paper.

I had the customer order different paper which turned out to be WB Masons blizzard paper.
This solved my problem. To this day if they accidentally use the myface paper on this copier it jams j2101.
Switch to blizzard the cost is barely noticeable.

Jvarao23
10-07-2015, 07:08 PM
I was having this same issue on a b1051.

I replaced senseless parts and also followed konica minolta's trouble shooting guide. Which did nothing.

The customer was using WB MASONS MYFACE PAPER.
These copiers don't like it!!! I had the customer try WB MASONS BLIZZARD PAPER which is only a slight increase in cost. My j-2101 issue went away.

The customer unfortunately has a building full of the myface so they have distrusted it for all there smaller biz hubs to use.

They now only order the blizzard paper for this copier.

Note: There is a firmware upgrade for the newer b1250, 1052 series for this jamming j-2101 issue but not for the b1051,951 and 1200.

Jvarao23
10-07-2015, 09:07 PM
Hello all,
I have a bz951 which has been randomly jamming with paper trapped behind the drum claws, with code J2101.
The problem is that it will do it four or five times but then run hundreds of prints before doing it again.
The customer has tried using a different brand of paper but it still happens.
I have tried the settings suggested in the trouble shooting guide but it still randomly happens.
The machine has had a new transfer belt assembly, has been fully serviced recently and is on the latest firmware.
Anyone had this fault?

I have had this issue on a b1051.. the only current fix for these models b951,1051 and 1200 is to replace the paper the customer is using with a better paper.
For example my customer having this issue was using 20lb WB Masons myface paper. They now use WB Masons blizzard 20lb bright white paper and they no longer get this j2101.

vapesenberg
10-08-2015, 03:50 AM
Replac drum claw assembly (new claws, springs, and solenoid at the very least).

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Custom Search