PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 227 fax result "Reset Modes"

Custom Search

wseyller
10-07-2015, 10:00 PM
I have seen on this model when sending a fax. Some show "Job Complete" as normal but some show as "Reset Modes" I have confirmed the fax has worked successfully.

I am curious to what this means. I have found nothing in any documentation and when I was on a support call with KMBS for some fax issues they didn't know either.

Only asking because Im curious.

allan
10-07-2015, 11:13 PM
Reset (initialize) the fax?

wseyller
10-07-2015, 11:21 PM
Yep. Actually originally there was some issues with faxing at medical office. They have analog line from at&t. There was a lot of NG results. KMBS support had me make several changes for voip issues and so far seems to help over 24 hours. I sent a fax to KMBS and it showed "reset modes".

Also my office wanted to replace the fax board just in case which I did today. I initialize and I notice the settings in service and admin mode look strange. Then I notice no dial tone when using off hook. I initialized again and now the default settings look correct and I do now get a dial tone. I then applied the settings from KMBS and tested a few. One to my office shows the "reset modes". It seems almost half of them do this but there is no problem so I told customer not to worry about it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

allan
10-07-2015, 11:25 PM
Could be screwed up firmware. Or non-volatile data.

copier addict
10-08-2015, 01:16 PM
Sounds like it could be ECM. Try turning it off and see if you still get that message.

emujo
10-08-2015, 01:38 PM
We have found that the fax on the new 7 and 8 series must be initialized twice during setup with a power cycle between the initials...once this is accomplished you can configure the defaults and marketing area. Emujo

wseyller
10-08-2015, 01:52 PM
Thanks emujo. I think I'm starting to see the same pattern.

The after first initialize of the new kit ecm was already off. After second initialize ecm was back on as default. In admin/fax settings number of rings was set to zero but after 2nd initialize it was now at 2 rings as it should. There are several other settings that were wrong.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

aungsithu
04-02-2020, 10:42 PM
You need to turn off blank page removal from application, it should bring back job complete resault.

Phil B.
04-02-2020, 10:49 PM
You need to turn off blank page removal from application, it should bring back job complete resault.

Hey Grave Robber....

this thread has been DEAD for 5 YEARS!

sawersewer
04-22-2022, 07:06 AM
Hey Grave Robber....

this thread has been DEAD for 5 YEARS!

Thank you Grave Robber. This reply after 5 years just saved me alot of time trying to figure this out.
Also who still use fax in 2022 btw.

SAR
10-06-2022, 09:57 PM
Yes, thank you to aungsithu (Grave Robber)for posting about turning off blank page removal and reviving an old thread.
Had this exact issue today and this fixed it for me!

aungsithu
10-06-2022, 10:13 PM
Thank you Grave Robber. This reply after 5 years just saved me alot of time trying to figure this out.
Also who still use fax in 2022 btw.

You be suprise, entire US hospital system continue use Fax.

emujo2
10-07-2022, 01:49 PM
I just had to deal with a C220 issue..There are no parts or service manuals available for it on the KM site..This is a 15 year old device and it's still out there faxing..as long as it's a good answer, how about we just say thanks instead of shaming him..This is not the same as the poster that asks "can you send me that firmware file" from a 10 year old thread..E

Custom Search