PDA

View Full Version : FS-533 "Remove paper from finisher tray"

Custom Search

altech
10-08-2015, 03:38 PM
I have an internal finisher (FS-533) that is giving a "Remove paper from finisher tray" message but there is no paper on the tray. The exit tray will move all the way to the bottom of the finisher but never return to the top. I have tried replacing the sensor and it did not resolve the issue. Any resolutions that anyone knows of?

copier addict
10-08-2015, 06:05 PM
I have found removing the internal finisher and throwing it in a dumpster solves all problems with these pieces of crap. Lol
Sorry, I know this isn't helpful, but I couldn't resist.

allan
10-08-2015, 07:29 PM
The actuator gets trapped by the vertical cover at the exit. File away some plastic, use more plastic and some crazy glue.

They are all kinds of fun!

blackcat4866
10-08-2015, 08:06 PM
The actuator gets trapped by the vertical cover at the exit. File away some plastic, use more plastic and some crazy glue.

They are all kinds of fun!

Now that you mention it, I've seem this too. I believe the enduser gets carried away removing a jam from the finisher. The arm you're looking for is black plastic among a bunch of other black plastic stuff. You can remove the finisher and covers to get a good look, or just peek in through the exit opening. The bottom plate of the finisher must be flexed significantly to get your arm back to where it belongs. I'll see if I saved a blurry over-dark photo from the last time it happened.

It's item #19 in this parts diagram, called "weight". =^..^=

allan
10-08-2015, 10:11 PM
Now that you mention it, I've seem this too. I believe the enduser gets carried away removing a jam from the finisher. The arm you're looking for is black plastic among a bunch of other black plastic stuff. You can remove the finisher and covers to get a good look, or just peek in through the exit opening. The bottom plate of the finisher must be flexed significantly to get your arm back to where it belongs. I'll see if I saved a blurry over-dark photo from the last time it happened.

It's item #19 in this parts diagram, called "weight". =^..^=

Hehe that gives a permanent jam? The first time you strip it and the next time you force it back and hope you don't break anything. Like you said it takes colossal force to get it into that state.

This i believe is another one of those Konica Minolta "specification limitations". Like with the floor standing finisher the actuator does not pop back.

EarthKmTech
10-09-2015, 01:53 PM
regarding the black finger that flips forward at the top centre and traps the actuator down - remove the rubber strip on it once it bunches up at the end. If left like that it will flip forward again, and again.

On the ones I have done there have never been any detrimental effects and I've never had to do it twice.

blackcat4866
10-10-2015, 01:32 AM
Emails never really go away, do they. These pix I retrieved from last February's sent emails. Maybe it will help somebody:

=^..^=

altech
10-12-2015, 04:26 PM
Thank you for all the help. I have got the issue resolved. The actuator was trapped by the weight because the weight was facing towards the exit of the finisher instead of the rear. After resetting the weight to the proper position everything tested ok. I have seen this happen on floor finishers before and it was no problem to stick a screw driver in and flip it back but for some reason this one just didn't want to budge at all and we didn't have another FS-533 to compare it to.

blackcat4866
10-12-2015, 10:51 PM
Congratulations on your success. =^..^=

KMFLT3CH
05-16-2017, 04:01 PM
I had this issue on two different machines within a few years time, both machines did not have any issue with the finger/weight mentioned above. What fixed it for me was replacing the two sensors circled in the picture. Both are part # A2YUPPT800

Custom Search