PDA

View Full Version : Printers offline EVERY WEEKEND!!!

Custom Search

mike6623
10-09-2015, 03:27 PM
Hey guys, I started a new job and we have 6 konica minolta printers. 3 Bizhub4750 and c554e and c454e and 224e

monday-friday they work great, but every single weekend I get an email that they cannot print. I remote into the print server, and they are all offfline. I can usually ping all of them but CANNOT access the web interface. I have had techs come out 3 times. The first time they turned off sleep totally, no change. Now I see in the we interface that the "weekly timer" is enabled. However, it isn't set for any specific times. I disabled it. Would this cause the machies to go offline every saturday and sunday? Even if there were no times set in there? Here is what it looked like when it was turning off every weekend, and then what it looks like when I turn it off. Will this resolve it? Also, this was still happening when they WEREN'T on a print server and connected by tcp/ip. This has been a nightmare so if anyone can assist or tell me if the weekely timer woudl cause this, even if it wasn't set to a specific time?

mike6623
10-28-2015, 02:34 PM
So no one can assist?

If sleep if off and all timers are off. Would low power saving mode be the culprit? Monday night, they were off, and early. 4 out of 6 were offline.I could ping every single one but couldn't print and couldn't access the web interface. Last night I added an HP printer to the print server and gave it a static IP and didn't touch it. It stayed on without issue.

Last night what I did was, I logged in as an admin every 55 minutes, or sent a test page to all 6 printers (not the HP) to ensure that they were up and not in low power mode. Not once did they go offline.

When these read "offline" restarting the server, or the print spooler doesn't work. Disabling and re-enabling the port doesn't work. Rebooting the entire Switch is all that works (we have 4 brand new meraki MX 80 switches and they all show as active on the ports. I have pretty much t ruled out a switch or print server issue.

Has anyone ever heard of this before? Why would I be able to ping every single printer but not be able to print or access the web interface. Why when keeping every printer very active, they do not drop off?

I have disabled SNMP, no change. This is a nightmare and has been since day one. this was happening when they weren't on a print server, too. Just connected via TCP\IP

Wouldn't it seem that since I kept all machines active and they stayed on, that maybe, just maybe low power saving mode could be causing this?

mike6623
10-28-2015, 05:16 PM
So....two weeks and not one person from a Konica Forum can assist? Awesome!

Custom Search