PDA

View Full Version : Firmware NG and Incompatible External Memory...BH364E

Custom Search

splblazer91
10-10-2015, 01:55 AM
2 week old machine. Machine came with K5 firmware and while I was on vacation another tech dropped it down to E4 because Account Track wouldnt work. Machine worked for 2 days then locked up at the 2 Shark Fins screen. When I tried to reload FW they all worked except MFP Board. Tried multiple USB Drives to no avail. No when we power on Machine it says Incompatible External Memory.
Tried to do an MFP Board reset and that wouldnt work.
Checked SSD Board with SSD tool and it said it was up to date.
Swapped with a Deman MFP Board and it still wouldnt do MFP Board reset.

Any ideas?

I have a brand new MFP Board and SSD board coming Monday.

wseyller
10-11-2015, 04:23 PM
The two shark fins normally indicates ssd board. In case you don't know, DO NOT change ssd and mfp board at same time. After ssd board change have firmware stick inserted before power on. Be patient as it can take 15/20 min for firmware screen to come up.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

allan
10-11-2015, 10:09 PM
The two shark fins normally indicates ssd board. In case you don't know, DO NOT change ssd and mfp board at same time. After ssd board change have firmware stick inserted before power on. Be patient as it can take 15/20 min for firmware screen to come up.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yes do not change at the same time.
Change SSD first!

habik
10-12-2015, 12:24 PM
I had MFP firmware NG once on a C224 the ADF Finisher etc were alright, just the MFP was playing and the way I went around it was to jump from E4 to K1.

emujo
10-12-2015, 07:21 PM
Disconnect all options..(ADF, FS, PC, HDD) and cycle power...If it get past the boot screen, but errors our with HDD error, enter service mode, uninstall HDD, reboot and check for proper operation. if successful, try the firmware again. If success, start re applying power with all the options saving the HDD for last. Install HDD, do a physical format, then a logical format. If still failing replace HDD. Emujo

splblazer91
10-12-2015, 09:21 PM
SSD Board resolved the problem. Thanks All.

Reed
04-01-2021, 02:33 AM
I know this is an old thread but I had just had this problem on a color 8 series machine. I changed USB stick and tried an older firmware and it took

Phil B.
04-01-2021, 04:05 AM
I know this is an old thread but I had just had this problem on a color 8 series machine. I changed USB stick and tried an older firmware and it tookDamn yeah 6 years of a dead thread [emoji852]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Custom Search