PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions about internal RIPs?

Custom Search

dagoof
10-11-2015, 03:20 PM
I'm working with an IC-601 right now, but my question should apply to all internal RIPS - once you've sent the job through to the RIP, how do you make adjustments from the RIP/machine end? The IC-601 doesn't seem to ouput to an operating system and, whilst I can view the job details from the machine's touch-screen, I can seem to find adjustments.

Can anyone advise?

kalindd
10-12-2015, 07:40 AM
I assume that you send your jobs via print driver.
On the print driver look for a tab "Workflow" from there you can choose a "Print mode" just choose Hold to main body and you'll get your job in the Hold queue, from there you can change most of the parameters.
If you want to control your jobs in a way like Fiery Command Workstation does, you need to install Job Centro and send your jobs to "Hold to Image controller" or directly import them in Job centro.

I hope that helps.

dagoof
10-12-2015, 08:22 PM
Thanks Kalindd, I am sending the jobs through to a c8000 from a PC (only had 2 drivers available, the PS and the XPS driver - using XPS driver as it has graphical interface).
There's no workflow tab on this driver. I've got JobCentro installed, but without the ability the send to 'hold' I haven't figured out a way to do it from there :confused:

darry1322
10-12-2015, 09:14 PM
Not my area of expertise, but couldn't you create it as an LPR port and enter "hold" as the queue name?

dagoof
10-12-2015, 10:50 PM
Thanks Darry, just tried that but it outputs to print as usual...

Mick01
10-12-2015, 11:27 PM
HI,
I dont fully understand your issue but I assume you want to be able to edit the properties of the job at the rip (page size/weight/tray/colour settings etc.)
If you have Job Centro installed (which you must have), you can use this to import jobs directly into the IC-601 (has to be a PDF/PS file). You can then edit the properties of the job inside Job Centro (similar to command workstation with an EFI Rip.)

Hope this helps

kalindd
10-13-2015, 08:01 AM
Can you connect to your RIP with Job Centro?
If yes just choose -
File-Import and then import your job. The job should appear in "image
controller hold" if not or you get an error.
Then you have to activate this feature.

Go to [Utility] - [03 Administrator Setting] - [Controller] - [03
System Setting] - [01 Software Switch Setting] and change Soft SW 28
from 0 to 1.

You should be able to import a job to Job centro.

Does your print driver look like this - 30925 - 30927
if not go to konicaminolta.eu - support and download the driver that looks like this ic601_c7000_pss_win_v20175_efigs_ja_kor_sc_tc_inst .zip (https://o.cses.konicaminolta.com/file/Default.aspx?FilePath=DL/201502/06052702/ic601_c7000_pss_win_v20175_efigs_ja_kor_sc_tc_inst .zip)

Good luck

dagoof
10-13-2015, 10:44 AM
Thanks Kalindd, my driver is different (attached) - I take it the one you linked to will still be ok with the c8000?30933

kalindd
10-13-2015, 02:27 PM
I don't know to be honest, just download the one for C8000.

dagoof
10-13-2015, 02:51 PM
Unfortunately Konica's site only had the option for this XPS driver or the Postscript one Kalindd...

kalindd
10-13-2015, 03:55 PM
Download the Postscript one

ic601_c8000_pss_win_v10175_jefgis_sc_tc_kor.zip (8757 KB) (https://o.cses.konicaminolta.com/file/Default.aspx?FilePath=DL/201502/06052702/ic601_c8000_pss_win_v10175_jefgis_sc_tc_kor.zip)

emujo
10-13-2015, 07:27 PM
The C8000 had 3 controller choices...emperon, Fiery and Creo....If you have only the IC601 then you are limited to printing only the way you currently are...You would need the Fiery or Creo to get the additional queues you need. Emujo

dagoof
10-13-2015, 09:27 PM
Yeah, looking that way Emujo ;)

Kalindd - Well, getting some progress, part of the problem with the PS driver is I'm still using an old-ass version of pagemaker - when you place the driver in that, it has no graphical interface. If I output from a PDF, I can get it to output the the body/hold with your driver and got access to the controls.

Only problem I'm having now (not related to the driver), is really bad image quality (not print quality, more in terms of showing tons of image compression around JPGs). The machine had been taking auto-density read-outs automatically but was whipping them from the tray I was using and running charts over pre-printed stock, so not sure if that's what's done this?

dagoof
10-14-2015, 12:42 AM
If anyone could save me ripping what's left of my hair out, they'd be doing me a favour! Managed to get the friendlier XPS driver outputting to 'hold' and can edit some job functions at the machine screen end. Still having some trouble though:

1) In 'edit ticket', can't find a function to rotate 180 anywhere
2) again in 'edit ticket', I can't change the number of prints? E.g. if I end up 10 copies short, I can just key in a number to reprint without re-submitting from the original machine?
3) still getting this horrible compression around images

kalindd
10-15-2015, 07:25 AM
I'm sorry but can't help you.
I have never used XPS driver.

You won't find all those issue if you use postscript driver.

Cheers

dagoof
10-15-2015, 11:15 AM
Thanks for all your help Kalindd - managed to find the rotate option, still looking for a way to edit copy numbers once on the body.

You're right, the postscript image quality is fine, it's a bit of a pain as you can use preset options though.

If anyone has used the XPS and can suggest anything for that, let me know :)

dagoof
10-17-2015, 12:25 PM
This machine is slowly killing me :rolleyes:
Spent 2 full days installing, uninstalling, reinstalling drivers. I did have a postscript driver fully operational at one point (including good quality colour prints and sending to 'hold' on the RIP), but the colour reproduction on the PS was really dull.

After more fun, I'm back on the XPS driver. I also can't send it to hold. If I hit 'controller' on the machine screen, then Job List I can see the job is there but the status is "waiting" and it never progresses.
Edit: Also have crazy quality issues with this driver, loads of compression showing around images. Just tried switching a problematic one from Dot1 to Line1 and it was perfect. Go to do next job on Line1 and it's got the same compression problem as Dot1 had before!

Anyone got any ideas?

Custom Search