PDA

View Full Version : error c2257 on bizhub c351??

Custom Search

NotByChoice
06-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Can someone let me know what it means??

Thanks!!

bgbas
06-05-2008, 12:08 AM
Cleaning brush motor failure to turn.

NotByChoice
06-05-2008, 02:00 AM
thanks, is there any where that i can download a list of the error codes and what they mean?

i've never fixed the cleaning brush before, i dont even know where it is! this is going to be a tough one.

NotByChoice
06-05-2008, 02:16 PM
It seems like this might be something I should leave to a more qualified tech. I just hope it can be repaired without needing new parts. I need to get this back online asap!!

NotByChoice
06-06-2008, 02:30 PM
In case anyone has a similar problem. It turned out to be the Image Transfer Belt Unit that needed to be replaced.

laserman06
06-07-2008, 03:28 AM
It is really quite easy to clean out the transfer belt cleaning unit. I do this all the time. I learned how when we had a rash of waste toner bottles that did not fully open the waste toner auger, backing up the cleaner assy.

All you have to do is take the transfer belt out of the machine. Remove 2 screws on the front of the cleaner unit and the front cover will slide off. Push the cleaner assy to the back and off the pin. The unit will come right off. Vac out the unit completely and reassemble. The hardest part is lining up the small white gear and shaft as you slide the cover back on.

While you are at it you can reset the transfer belt and get double life or even more. I currently have 3 or 4 machines that have been reset twice. It is quite a cost savings. :)

pentacon6
07-20-2010, 02:14 PM
I just wanted to add my experience to this thread, with thanks to laserman06. I found his advice INCREDIBLY helpful -- eventually! But, due to my own confusion and bad assumptions, it took me quite a while to work out exactly how to carry out his suggested cleaning. In case anyone else in the same situation finds themselves similarly confused, I thought I'd share where I was going wrong. :)

It took me quite a bit of puzzling and false starts to realize (something that should have been obvious) -- when imageman06 talks about removing two screws from the "front of the cleaner unit", he's literally referring, quite sensibly, to the COPIER-front facing side. So, it's actually the front "side" cap of the cleaning unit (or right-hand cap, if you're facing the transfer belt assembly from the waste-box end) that's being removed. At which point, the whole assembly can be slid "left" (more properly, in the copier-REAR direction) off the shaft that attaches it to the transfer belt. (A somewhat delicate procedure that requires a lot of precise, forceful wiggling, in order to slide it off in a straight line, without angling so that it either seizes, or hits the belt surface and risks scratching it.)

Once it's separated from the transfer belt, cleaning is pretty much as described. It sounds like my situation was similar to laserman06's, and for much the same reasons. I recently discovered, after C2257 errors began cropping up, that the cleaning system's drain chute was failing to open automatically when the waste toner box is inserted -- it's gone a bit out of alignment, and needs to be manually guided into the box opening in order to fully deploy.

Because I wasn't aware of this problem, the machine was used extensively with the waste chute closed. Waste toner just kept backing up into the cleaning assembly. (The waste chute -- now THAT would have been a nice spot for K-M to have put a sensor! *sigh* 20/20 hindsight and all that.) In fact, as I discovered after removing it, the cleaning assembly on my machine had been packed SOLID with waste toner -- eventually jamming the rollers all the way back to the motor, which finally triggered its speed sensor and threw up the C2257 error.

Vacuuming out the excess just wasn't cutting it, in my case. In the end, the solution I came up with was to clamp the waste chute open using a mini binder clip, and then bang/shake/scrape/shout the accumulated waste toner out into a pail. It took about FIFTEEN MINUTES of agitation and aggravation to clear out the blockage! Finally, though, the flow finally died down to just occasional sprinklings, and I was able to vacuum up the remainder. What a complete mess!

At least I know the cleaning brush motor hasn't burnt out. (I could hear it grinding as it tried to drive the jammed gears, right up to the last operation attempt before I tore down the machine.) So, I'm optimistic that this will clear not only the error, but other dirty transfer belt-related image problems I've been seeing.

Thanks one more time to laserman06 -- even though I have a service manual sitting right in front of me, I would never have thought to remove and get inside the cleaning assembly itself, without the information he shared here!

celso
07-05-2017, 03:48 PM
Eu passei por uma ótima situação, uma outra pessoa com um sistema de limpeza e não sei por qual motivo uma engrenagem tinha ficado dura para girar, só desmontado e montei corretamente abri a porta frontal já voltou a funcionar.

hlamourt1
07-05-2017, 08:04 PM
C2557 has to do with Abnormal low toner sensor Black. Most likely your black imaging unit sensor gone bad. in service mode you could also try to replenish toner for black before replacing unit and see if this help.

Synthohol
07-05-2017, 09:43 PM
C2557 has to do with Abnormal low toner sensor Black. Most likely your black imaging unit sensor gone bad. in service mode you could also try to replenish toner for black before replacing unit and see if this help.
its not a 2557, read it again ;)

hlamourt1
07-05-2017, 10:06 PM
Sorry I read the code wrong. You already have the right answer above. Most likely is a transfer belt issue that has to be clean. Or replace ( part# for belt 4049 212)

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Custom Search