PDA

View Full Version : Konicerised Lexmarks

Custom Search

EarthKmTech
10-13-2015, 10:20 AM
Anyone else having constant imaging unit failures on these fantastic, loss making machines ?

Not to mention not one of them works out of the box without cleaning the grease off the pickup rollers.

Fantastic, fantastic machines.

allan
10-13-2015, 12:08 PM
KM in SA is using Samsung. Branded Samsung.

SmellsHot
10-13-2015, 01:34 PM
It is now a mandatory thing in my office to clean all feed rollers after unboxing........
Also the loud exit assembly is a joy. I've exchanged over 50 printers by now. And I've only sold about 100...lol That's a high failure rate....

CompyTech
10-13-2015, 02:00 PM
They're pieces of crap... We set up a few, in the beginning the first issues we noticed were failures of the control panel.

Kidaver
10-13-2015, 02:05 PM
we have a couple in field and few in house for demos....thing with these is they are break fix warrantly...calling tech support on problems it seems it is cheaper to just send a whole new machine rather than actually replace parts on them....

subaro
10-13-2015, 02:28 PM
which models are you specifically referring to?

Also the loud exit assembly noise . which model is this noise coming from ?

copier addict
10-13-2015, 02:30 PM
We have a few 3300p printers in the field and they have actually been pretty good. Had one toner failure and an exit switch break (customer's fault). So I can't really complain about them.

Kidaver
10-13-2015, 03:04 PM
All the b/w small boxes are lexmarks.....the only somewhat exception is the 4750...it is a Lexmark engine but is ran with the Konica Empereon controller so it has the full functions of a Konica....All the small color machines are true Konicas.....also one thing to be aware of is the 3320 and the 4020 are same engine and they are almost identical except the 3320 does not support SMB scanning but the 4020 will...ran into that issue with a customer so be aware of that.

copyrooks
10-13-2015, 09:42 PM
All the techs in my office laugh at these machines. We have had to send quite a few back for various problems. That super expensive toner too.

Kidaver
10-13-2015, 10:55 PM
We've pretty much decided to stay away from all the lexmark boxes...we'll do the color boxes tho...we do both konica minolta and kyocera and the 3540 seems to be a much superior machine for b/w desktop...

EarthKmTech
10-14-2015, 12:14 AM
KM is aware of the reliability issues.

i can not understand how Lexmark are still in business. I used to work on them, they used to make bullet proof reliable machines in the 90's upto mid 2000's - what the hell has happened.

I once rescued a lexmark optra S from the trash, spent little to no money on it and it survived my sisters entire university education only to be thrown out when toners became cost prohibitive.

subaro
10-14-2015, 01:46 AM
don't know about those konica/lexmark mix, but i have setup lots of the lexmarks and had very few problems wtih them. one or two had screen problem and seen some shipping damage. other than that they work good. most of them are in the schools and if they can work there, they can work anywhere. their repairs can be a bit frustrating, but you have to get use to them.

JR2ALTA
10-14-2015, 02:00 AM
All the b/w small boxes are lexmarks.....the only somewhat exception is the 4750...it is a Lexmark engine but is ran with the Konica Empereon controller so it has the full functions of a Konica....All the small color machines are true Konicas.....also one thing to be aware of is the 3320 and the 4020 are same engine and they are almost identical except the 3320 does not support SMB scanning but the 4020 will...ran into that issue with a customer so be aware of that.

It supports SMB scanning but for some reason only to IP address not hostname.

It's not labled SMB but "Scan to Network" and you must connect via https in the browser to set it up

Kidaver
10-14-2015, 02:43 AM
It did some sort of scanning that took way too many steps for a customer to have to go thru....it would scan yes but not in an easy reliable way you expect your average customer to understand....if it requires more than clicking their name and pushing the big button its not worth the horrifying nightmare...

JR2ALTA
10-14-2015, 03:03 AM
My opinion is any machine that doesn't have a touchscreen should be sold primarily as a printer. No one wants to scroll through a maze of arrows to send a simple scan

copier addict
10-14-2015, 01:22 PM
KM is aware of the reliability issues.

i can not understand how Lexmark are still in business. I used to work on them, they used to make bullet proof reliable machines in the 90's upto mid 2000's - what the hell has happened.

I once rescued a lexmark optra S from the trash, spent little to no money on it and it survived my sisters entire university education only to be thrown out when toners became cost prohibitive.

Lexmarks are no worse than any other brand of low end printers.
HP has really gone down hill in quality. We used to sell HP but don't anymore. Too many problems.

Custom Search