PDA

View Full Version : No Magenta + Error P-7 , P21 and P-28

Custom Search

Jamil Mungur
10-13-2015, 08:11 PM
Hello
I have a Bizhub C224e with print quality problem.On my first intervention there was error code P-7, P-21 and P-28 and also an uneven magenta background on all prints.
Replaced the Magenta Developing unit and also the drum unit. Now the problem is that the machine is not printing magenta. The other colors are ok.

Printed the color pattern, the black is ok but all the other colors are not good. I attached the prints.The toner concentration seems ok for all 4 colors and also the IDC sensors.
Removed and fixed back the High Voltage pcb but the problem is still the same.
When i put back the old drum and old developing unit the problem is still the same.

Did a manual toner add in service mode but problem is still the same.

copier addict
10-13-2015, 09:16 PM
Try a new transfer belt. I see you have a mark on both the black and magenta gradation patterns.
And clean the IDC sensors.

MARDSO
10-13-2015, 09:51 PM
I already got problem in laser flat cable! wipe his contacts

allan
10-14-2015, 06:09 AM
The diagonal lines on that sample print for magenta shows low developer. But does not seem to be your problem.

Jamil Mungur
10-14-2015, 06:43 AM
Hello

I will try to clean the contacts of the four lasers and also i am planning to test with a new transfer belt.

Allan i do not understand , please explain to me.
The diagonal lines on that sample print for magenta shows low developer. But does not seem to be your problem.

I will keep you all updated.
Thanks

Jamil Mungur
10-14-2015, 04:22 PM
I replaced the Transfer Belt and also cleaned the contacts the laser units. Problem is still the same. The diagonal lines on the prints are also still here.

allan
10-14-2015, 07:08 PM
If you remove the developer tank you will see that pattern on the mag roller.

tech51
10-14-2015, 07:25 PM
I suspect your Hv board has failed causing dev to be depleted from the unit.
You say you have removed & fixed back the Hv but not replaced it.
You will have to replace the dev unit again.

Jamil Mungur
10-15-2015, 02:48 AM
Is there a way to test the HV board ? I do not have a HV board in hand so i will have to order it. I want to be sure before ordering so i want to test the HV board.

allan
10-15-2015, 07:23 AM
No not if you don't have a proper test bench, some of the voltages are too high for a standard tester.
How to get to test points on the grid, scorotron and dev bias?

Jamil Mungur
10-15-2015, 12:32 PM
I checked and cleaned the contacts of the laser unit today problem still the same. I plan to take the mahcine's HV board and test it on another working machine.
Will keep you all updated.

I am sorry allan, please explain

How to get to test points on the grid, scorotron and dev bias?

allan
10-15-2015, 05:20 PM
There is no real way to get tester probes to where the problem could be.

Jamil Mungur
10-15-2015, 05:53 PM
thanks for reply allan.

Can someone tell me if the HV board of the bizhub C224 and the bizhub C224e are the same ? The reference is the part catalogue are different.

bineeshgeorge
10-16-2015, 03:32 PM
Same

Jamil Mungur
10-19-2015, 05:38 PM
Hello

I took a HV board from a bizhub C224 today and tested it on the faulty C224e. Result still same problem. Still the P-7, P-21 and P-28 warnings and the print quality problem.

Any idea what could be the problem ?

bineeshgeorge
10-22-2015, 02:39 PM
Replace magenta drum unit and check the amount of developer.

hotfuser
10-22-2015, 03:57 PM
Hello

I took a HV board from a bizhub C224 today and tested it on the faulty C224e. Result still same problem. Still the P-7, P-21 and P-28 warnings and the print quality problem.

Any idea what could be the problem ?

Have you replaced the magenta dev unit ?

As this is the key sign for lack of dev in the unit looking at the examples you supplied.

Replacing the HV and the dev unit will eliviate the problem.

also check the bushings on the front of the sub hopper as these leak and cause toner starvation to the hoppers.

Jamil Mungur
10-23-2015, 03:03 AM
Hello

Since the beginning i already replaced the magenta developing unit and also the drum unit. The problem was not solved.
I also thought about the hopper but in the service mode the Level 1 history shows around 7% which means there is enough toner in the developing units.What is your opinion hotfuser ?

thanks for interest in this thread.

HoonBoy
10-23-2015, 08:39 AM
Looks like the 1st transfer rollers CMY don't come on pressure, could be a problem with the 1st transfer pressure clutch (CL5)...

Had this kind of problem in the past with a C253 series machine

hotfuser
10-23-2015, 11:05 AM
Hello

Since the beginning i already replaced the magenta developing unit and also the drum unit. The problem was not solved.
I also thought about the hopper but in the service mode the Level 1 history shows around 7% which means there is enough toner in the developing units.What is your opinion hotfuser ?

thanks for interest in this thread.

I have created this thread last year
C224e/C284e/C364e/C454e/C545e cyan dev unit problems (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/94088-c224e-c284e-c364e-c454e-c545e-cyan-dev-unit-problems.html?highlight=cyan+dev+unit)if you have a read through this.

i have read through yours and see that you have changed the units but did you change them as a pair?

you say you still have the same qc problem after changing the magenta dev unit. Was this with the first out put copy or after a few?

If it was the subhopper the levels would be at 0% as no toner is getting to the dev units.

the best thing to do would be to take the copier back to factory settings and rebuild the firmware level back up. So far when we have done this we have had no failures so far.

balaji_mvb
11-18-2015, 05:08 AM
Konika Minolta C224E

PRT/IR Error, P-5, P-6, P-7, P-8, P-9, P-21, P-27, P-28 (if we give any printout: white page only comes, If we take any xerox: white page only comes)

please help.

Custom Search