PDA

View Full Version : CQ C280 first print has line

Custom Search

colonel
10-14-2015, 05:56 PM
I have a C280 that has a thin smudgy line just after the lead edge delection and half way through an A4 near top edge. It crosses where the lower edge delection should wipe it out. It clears after the first print. It has a clearly defined edge. Any ideas?

allan
10-14-2015, 07:06 PM
If its not transfer is must be the fuser speed or temp?
Post a sample.

Does the machine make any noise?

femaster
10-14-2015, 11:43 PM
Without seeing a sample, my first thought would be transfer belt. The cleaning unit has buildup in it and allows a little bit past the cleaning blade. Symptoms of this problem are: streaking across a portion of the page in the feed direction, with a clear line parallel with the lead edge of the paper; it shows up only on the first page of every run, subsequent pages come out clean.

If that sounds like your problem, remove and clean the transfer cleaning unit. If the transfer belt looks bad, just replace the whole thing.

colonel
10-15-2015, 11:01 AM
Thanks Chaps, I've uploaded [ I hope] a sample, I've checked the ITB and fuser and there was no sign of damage - marks etc. Its looks like residual toner on the ITB from the example

femaster
10-15-2015, 01:16 PM
Are you talking about the black bar across the top portion and that little bit along the right edge on the page? If you are that one has me stumped. I won't be of much help with you on that one.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

colonel
10-15-2015, 02:27 PM
Correct, it is very transient, first print only, the ITB must be picking up toner from some where, what gets me is that it never varies in size or position

paulrid
10-15-2015, 03:40 PM
Is that a print or copy? It's very skewed and the lines follow the edge of the print. It looks like it's scanning over the lead edge and side edge but why it's only the first print I have no idea.

colonel
10-15-2015, 04:10 PM
Sorry its a scan of the print, the scanner skewed it, i've uploaded a clearer example.
A few more points, I send the same print to the KM again and its OK, I send it to a Samsung and its OK. They all are the same size and in the same position on the paper. The position of a copy from the glass is accurate. It has the latest firmware, its a postscript driver, I'm running out of ideas

allan
10-15-2015, 05:13 PM
It looks digital.

Hansoon
10-15-2015, 06:16 PM
It looks digital.

To me too, after seeing this better scan. Can not imagine that it is residual toner.

Hans

rrrohan
10-16-2015, 07:59 AM
Try re seating RAM

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

colonel
10-20-2015, 03:18 PM
I tried reseating the RAM and went through the memory/bus check in service mode - all OK

Still got the problem, I tried the same image throught PCL driver, the faulty part of the image changed in density, i think that rules out residual toner on the ITB, this is being drawn.

OH HUM

femaster
10-20-2015, 05:22 PM
I agree with you on it being drawn. Trans belt smear looks just like it sounds, random smear. Does it show up on internal test prints or copies ever?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

colonel
10-21-2015, 09:33 AM
Never on a copy or a internal test only print, the horizontal line sometimes turns into quarter inch long dashes.

If you sent a print image as mono then colour its on both prints if you send it as the same colour its only on the first of the two prints.

Its like the laser is not writing the image correctly

imihm
10-21-2015, 09:56 AM
I have a C280 that has a thin smudgy line just after the lead edge delection and half way through an A4 near top edge. It crosses where the lower edge delection should wipe it out. It clears after the first print. It has a clearly defined edge. Any ideas?

Hi there...

I wonder whether you are having this problem from all paper trays??

colonel
10-21-2015, 01:56 PM
Yes, I tried both cassettes, the issue happens on both

colonel
10-21-2015, 05:50 PM
I Just sent the same print job to A4R paper cassette - same fault, this time on lead edge top and bottom so its not changing position, although the image has.

allan
10-21-2015, 05:56 PM
And the MFPB is the winner.
Initialize the machine for the hell of it.
Try printing using the USB port.

colonel
10-21-2015, 06:11 PM
Yep, home time now but tomorrow I'm trying a USB from my laptop and printing to it via the network from another workstation. You think you have it licked and then it spits out another bad print after a few hours of being OK
Many Thanks

colonel
10-22-2015, 10:39 AM
This fault is now on two machines, it happened after the firware was upgraded to A0ED0Y0-F000-G00-50.exe

The third machine is on version three and hasn't had the problem yet these are on version two, i've switched the problem machines to version three.

Question one can i roll back

Question two what do i roll back too?

rrrohan
10-22-2015, 11:12 AM
You can roll back just put older firmware on USB or ISW. I'd just put on GD2-D1

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

colonel
10-22-2015, 12:41 PM
I rolled it back and i think it cured the problem, they say when rolling back dont update the print, I wonder why?

Wilfred Niavi
10-22-2015, 02:21 PM

Is that smudgy line from Copy or printing mode?

Custom Search