PDA

View Full Version : Mono 754e screen going off

Custom Search

Taminol
10-21-2015, 05:02 PM
Hi Guys,

We have a couple of mono 754e devices which have the same fault. The backlight on the screen goes off, very intermittently. It does it once or twice a week. The key ops are excellent and make a note when this hapens. You can still see the display when the baclight goes off, very dim though. You can also use the panel normally, but difficult to read, The only way to get the panel to re illuminate is to cycle the power.
We have tried a new control panel, panel cable and firmware.
Someone has suggested the DCPU, but really? on both machines? I know it's possible, but seems unlikely at this stage. To be honest, I am surprised they both display the same fault.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

EarthKmTech
10-22-2015, 01:50 AM
seem to recall some useless knowledge from 4 series training about a stored energy dissipation device specifically for instant shut down of the now LED lit panel backlight when powering off the machine.

This might be worth investigating.

Taminol
10-27-2015, 07:38 PM
..... a stored energy dissipation device

Oh wow, never heard of one of those before!. I asked a couple of techs and they just looked at me with raised eyebrows.
I'll do a CTRL+F on that item in the Service Manual and see what I get.
Thanks for your reply EarthKMTech

CompyTech
10-27-2015, 09:05 PM
Oh wow, never heard of one of those before!. I asked a couple of techs and they just looked at me with raised eyebrows.
I'll do a CTRL+F on that item in the Service Manual and see what I get.
Thanks for your reply EarthKMTech

He might be referring to the ERP board.. I believe it was discussed in training a while back. All I really remember them saying about it was that it holds electricity, do not touch it. lol

Custom Search