PDA

View Full Version : CQ C360 funky transfer

Custom Search

allan
10-21-2015, 08:33 PM
Hi guys.

I have a C360 with a transfer issue i have not seen before. One third from the front of the machine in mainscan(CF) direction the yellow is not transferring to the paper. Funny thing is the half-tones on different levels 55, 125 and 255 looks perfect on all colors. But overlaid images does not seem to properly transfer to the paper.

So i changed out the developer tank and drum on yellow (color most obviously not transferring) with new stuff just to make sure that is ok, and the problem persists.

I then played around with primary and secondary transfer voltages. Primary transfer does not have any effect but secondary transfer does, setting the secondary transfer to +7 fixed the bad transfer but makes white spots on all the solids.

So i changed the transfer roller and belt to be sure. If you reset the belt and roller count the machine puts a yellow toner coating on the transfer roller. That coating clearly shows the same fading effect to the front of the machine.
The conduction test the same as a working machine.

HV board? or could that be something else? I thought of using a copper wire from the contact on the inner side of the roller to the outer side to see if that would help getting some more current to that side.

The pressure on the belt is even. The same happens even if i press on the door. I tweaked the transfer current to where the customer is not complaining about the white spots and the transfer looks ok.

Any suggestions?

copier addict
10-21-2015, 08:59 PM
You didn't mention if you cleaned the printhead. If not, try it. Dirty printhead can light image

allan
10-21-2015, 09:01 PM
You didn't mention if you cleaned the printhead. If not, try it. Dirty printhead can light image

Jip, first thing I did. The yellow half-tones looks perfect. I'm stumped.

blackcat4866
10-21-2015, 11:27 PM
Can I see a scan or photo? =^..^=

allan
10-22-2015, 05:18 AM
Can I see a scan or photo? =^..^=

I hope the prints are still at the office. I will do so.

EarthKmTech
10-22-2015, 10:00 AM
try different, known quality paper, I have had paper cause auto transfer voltage control peculiarities before, had it today too. Did it to 1 machine and not the other. Other paper worked fine.

allan
10-22-2015, 01:13 PM
I did suspect paper util i saw the uneven yellow layer on the transfer roller.
I turned the paper in different orientations with the same result.

Custom Search