PDA

View Full Version : MP3351

Custom Search

'Tomas
10-21-2015, 10:32 PM
Hi, I'm having trouble fixing a constant toner leak on a MP3351. I put in a new hopper and a type 1027 PCU. Not to mention that I made sure that the hopper and PCU are in constant contact with each. I played with toner settings and nothing is working. The machine has 200k. I've been dueling with this for about six months and every 3-4 weeks I have to go vacuum up this mess. I have to pull out the laser each time I'm there. Any advice is appriciated, Thanks.

banginbishop
10-21-2015, 10:41 PM
Hi, I'm having trouble fixing a constant toner leak on a MP3351. I put in a new hopper and a type 1027 PCU. Not to mention that I made sure that the hopper and PCU are in constant contact with each. I played with toner settings and nothing is working. The machine has 200k. I've been dueling with this for about six months and every 3-4 weeks I have to go vacuum up this mess. I have to pull out the laser each time I'm there. Any advice is appriciated, Thanks.

1. Is it OEM toner or aftermarket rubbish
2. Have a look at non default settings via 5-990-5 I think? - to see if somebody's pissed about with it.
3. Check the customer doesn't keep pulling out the PCU customers do pull out the PCU and shag up the seals on the hopper & pcu.

thats what I would start with.

'Tomas
10-22-2015, 12:23 AM
OEM-YES. I mention to customer some time back, if anyone of her employees might be handiling the hopper lever for some reason. She's not sure considering she goes through front desk personnel frequently. As far as diagostic, no, I have not looked at. I use the SP print out if thats what you wanted to know. If you think of anything else I would appreciate the info. Thank You for replying.

sandmanmac
11-04-2015, 04:29 AM
OEM-YES. I mention to customer some time back, if anyone of her employees might be handiling the hopper lever for some reason. She's not sure considering she goes through front desk personnel frequently. As far as diagostic, no, I have not looked at. I use the SP print out if thats what you wanted to know. If you think of anything else I would appreciate the info. Thank You for replying.

You performed the dev initialization when the PCU was replaced?
I know you're using Original toner, can I assume that the PCU is original too? and Not a generic version?If everything is genuine , the only issues I've had with leaking toner are with the hopper itself, and they leak quite often. Is it a new unit or just different one? If the bottle and tray assembly are covered in toner, the hopper unit is definitely your problem.

'Tomas
11-04-2015, 05:46 PM
You performed the dev initialization when the PCU was replaced?
I know you're using Original toner, can I assume that the PCU is original too? and Not a generic version?If everything is genuine , the only issues I've had with leaking toner are with the hopper itself, and they leak quite often. Is it a new unit or just different one? If the bottle and tray assembly are covered in toner, the hopper unit is definitely your problem.

Yes, DV initialization was done at installation of the PCU and it's an original Type 1027 unit from Ricoh. It's a new hopper that I installed, also, from Ricoh. I recently brought all firmware up to the latest, too. It's good to know that these models leak toner because, I do vacuum up the toner on service visits. This mechine however, just seems to leak more than usual and more than the others that I have. Thank you for replying. If you think of anything else, I would appreciate your advice. P.S. great season your JAYS had.

Custom Search