PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C452 Scanning issue

Custom Search

habik
10-23-2015, 07:21 PM
We have a customer with ongoing problem of document feeder skewing and jamming a lot (Transport section mainly)
I had a closer look and there is nothing in the paper path and tyres are clean all rollers clean and turn smoothly. I have adjusted the ADF in every possible direction to the maximum the adjust able screws could go. It improved for a bit and then it went back the square one. So there is something else. Customer then showed me some of the scanned documents(Pdf looked a bit distorted and skewed). I was testing predominantly COPY function. When scanned from glass all good, When ADF used skewed. Today I have noticed the slit glass home position is not always to the check point. When tested in Service mode, the actual Sensor is switching (Manual movement of the slit glass), but during calibrations or scanning it not always reach the HP. I looked for any obstruction in mechanism and all clear, so gave it a bit of a lube, to improve movements. When I was happy with some sort of skew level I done successfully Feed Zoom Adjust, Auto Stop position adjustments worked only in Sub scanning direction, Main scanning direction however came as unable to perform. That put me on complete stop as what it could be.
What is your best guess to pick. As firmware did not solve the issue. Would it be Relay boards, motor or PRCB.... I don’t have any other machine to try from. Are the motors the same as C451 range? Or the relay boards? I know that MFPB or PRCB aren’t the same but the small pieces should be, shouldn’t they.

Many Thanks

allan
10-23-2015, 10:54 PM
Do you get nicked edges or folded corners? Could it be a mylar?

I have had the same problem with the slit glass not getting into position but it will code out.

Did you first do adf guide adjustment?
Is your print and scan area correct?

EarthKmTech
10-24-2015, 05:32 AM
Entire ADF on c452 is available as a spare part, I've changed many.

Might be an option if they want to pay for it ... but they aint cheap.

The glass cleaning section also comes as a complete unit too and pretty easy to change.

habik
10-24-2015, 08:54 AM
Hi Allan,

Thanks for suggestion. There is no folded or nicked corners on original before or during scanning.

No C-Code or any code for that matter related to the Slit glass movement. So I think, resp the machine thinks it reached HP. Sensor works btw.

Print area is fine, as I mentioned above the copy from the glass is fine. I have fed 99% of my test from bypass to avoid any skew during print transport.

Now regarding Guide Adjustments, Can you be more specific as to where or what do you mean by that. I digged out installation manual and followed procedures from there and stopped at the Auto Stop position adjustments in Main Scanning Direction as it messaged Unable.
If you mean physical adjustments a.e. Rear L&R Height Adjustments Yes I tried, Also the RH Side Hinge all the way to the Left and All the way to the right.
Also Played with the height adjustments of the Prohibited/LockTight screws on the actual reading section, which you probably thinking of as Guide adjustments .. Yes this did improve the skew but, the Auto Stop position doesn't work in Main Scanning direction.

Have a little Catch 22 here.. unless I swap parts.

habik
10-24-2015, 08:58 AM
Entire ADF on c452 is available as a spare part, I've changed many.

Might be an option if they want to pay for it ... but they aint cheap.

The glass cleaning section also comes as a complete unit too and pretty easy to change.

I'll go first with the glass cleaning section from C650...if it fits great, if it doesn't I'll get new one.

We tried to upgrade customer, but nothing as yet.. so have to fix it.

allan
10-24-2015, 09:58 AM
Hi Allan,

Thanks for suggestion. There is no folded or nicked corners on original before or during scanning.

No C-Code or any code for that matter related to the Slit glass movement. So I think, resp the machine thinks it reached HP. Sensor works btw.

Print area is fine, as I mentioned above the copy from the glass is fine. I have fed 99% of my test from bypass to avoid any skew during print transport.

Now regarding Guide Adjustments, Can you be more specific as to where or what do you mean by that. I digged out installation manual and followed procedures from there and stopped at the Auto Stop position adjustments in Main Scanning Direction as it messaged Unable.
If you mean physical adjustments a.e. Rear L&R Height Adjustments Yes I tried, Also the RH Side Hinge all the way to the Left and All the way to the right.
Also Played with the height adjustments of the Prohibited/LockTight screws on the actual reading section, which you probably thinking of as Guide adjustments .. Yes this did improve the skew but, the Auto Stop position doesn't work in Main Scanning direction.

Have a little Catch 22 here.. unless I swap parts.

The minimum and maximum width adjustment. Is under ADF somewhere. I get new setups that fails with the auto adjustment i you don't do that first.

habik
10-24-2015, 10:05 AM
The minimum and maximum width adjustment. Is under ADF somewhere. I get new setups that fails with the auto adjustment i you don't do that first.

Thanks Allan, I'll give that a try as well. Missed this in the Service manual. Cheers.

Custom Search