PDA

View Full Version : Konica minolta c1060L glossy issue

Custom Search

nijebitno
10-26-2015, 09:24 AM
Dear all,

we recently bought new C1060L and replace our old but excelent c5501 and we have some issues with machine regarding too much glossy print. We left glossy bix unckecked in rip (km rip) but print is still to glossy. We found msds for toner and find out the amount of wax is reduced in comparison to c5501. We tried form service mode to enable additional settings for paper selection and reduced temperature of upper and lower fusing roller and we got some result but ghosting occured when printing on thiner paper such as 135 gsm matt. We increased temp a bit and ghosting dissapeared but print look again like on some c224 all glossy and shiny. Is this something we need to make peace with because we tried on other machine and result is same. I wish to have my old c5501 back. Please advise if you have any solution. We are i constant contact with KM tech but we are not getting anywhere yet. Can anybody tells real difference between c1060L and c1060press or is it just option tou can buy for press that cant fit on L model.

Regards

milos

DJMarusha
11-01-2015, 10:36 PM
Dear all,

we recently bought new C1060L and replace our old but excelent c5501 and we have some issues with machine regarding too much glossy print. We left glossy bix unckecked in rip (km rip) but print is still to glossy. We found msds for toner and find out the amount of wax is reduced in comparison to c5501. We tried form service mode to enable additional settings for paper selection and reduced temperature of upper and lower fusing roller and we got some result but ghosting occured when printing on thiner paper such as 135 gsm matt. We increased temp a bit and ghosting dissapeared but print look again like on some c224 all glossy and shiny. Is this something we need to make peace with because we tried on other machine and result is same. I wish to have my old c5501 back. Please advise if you have any solution. We are i constant contact with KM tech but we are not getting anywhere yet. Can anybody tells real difference between c1060L and c1060press or is it just option tou can buy for press that cant fit on L model.

Regards

milos
Hey Milos, it seems that you are from the same area as me (former Yugoslavia) and with the same problems as me. Fortunately, I`ve realized these problems before I`ve made decision to go for C1085 which is from the same line of Konica Products, but larger, quicker and more productive than C1060L.
I thoroughly tested C1085 and also C1060 and concluded that they have both glossy print (on C1085 more than on C1060L) what is not acceptable to us, as we are also offset printer and we need from digital printing machine to be as close to offset as possible. This is reason why we purchased Konica C6000 PRESS 4 years ago, as print from it was unbelievable close to offset, so I did not hesitate to invest in it. 4 years later I wanted to invest in more productive machine and now I am stuck in decision to go with C1085. However, prints from C1060 and especially from C1085 are superb, but shiny and glossy look moves them towards the age of Docucolor 12. C1085 prints like the beast, it is almost like small offset machine, but with effect of UV varnish on it (some customers even like that, but someone not.
We print a lot of art invitations, brochures and catalogs and believe me, painters don`t want to have shiny look of their prints. Also, sometimes we print larger quantities of the certain product on offset, but for deadlines we do digital print of the same product, so it should be as close as possible.
With shiny effect, it is not close to offset, it is totally different, and then we can have problems with customers.

I also thoughts that there might be somewhere an option in settings to uncheck that "glossy setting", but there is not.
It simply prints good on thinner papers (there is no such effect), but when it comes to 250-350 gr. there is wax in the toner more activated or something like that, I guess....
So, we wondered if it is better to stay with 6000 only, or add another one 6000 or 6000L, or go with used C8000 maybe?
I will need to make some test on C8000 in order to compare...

bronzegixer
01-13-2016, 11:38 AM
Hi Milos

we had similar issuses, when we got the machine it worked well hardly any gloss, but something has changed dont know if its the firmware up dates, personally I think its the toner, maybe they are adding more wax agent into the toner, I did read somewhere this is a high gloss toner, we have to reduce the upper and lower fuser temp or the paper weight to help

Tech Helpdesk
01-13-2016, 02:18 PM
Hi Milos

we had similar issuses, when we got the machine it worked well hardly any gloss, but something has changed dont know if its the firmware up dates, personally I think its the toner, maybe they are adding more wax agent into the toner, I did read somewhere this is a high gloss toner, we have to reduce the upper and lower fuser temp or the paper weight to help

Hi all,
If you have a Salmon/Pink fuser belt fitted it will give glossy prints. If you want mat prints fit the envelope fuser belt part number A57V720200 and this will sort your problem out.

Good luck

nijebitno
01-13-2016, 09:24 PM
Hi all,
If you have a Salmon/Pink fuser belt fitted it will give glossy prints. If you want mat prints fit the envelope fuser belt part number A57V720200 and this will sort your problem out.

Good luck

Hi to all,

Unfortunately we will never find out. We returned machine to KM and replaced it with C6000 and problem solved. KM admitted existence of problem but they did not offer solution.

Another issue with C1060 as well is parts life. To be honest, they build machine much more cheaper and less robust than previous model and they extended service intervals. We printed on c6500 3 mio and c5501 2 mio and service was every 200k and 150k respectively. I wish them luck with maintaining machines every 400k. Maybe if they sell it to some elementary school thant print 80gsm copy paper with no coverage at all......

Regards

Custom Search