PDA

View Full Version : C220 Booklet with thick paper

Custom Search

Imsdal
10-26-2015, 11:08 AM
Hi.

I have this client that wants to use thick paper on a C220 with a finisher.
He doesnīt want to use plain paper (80gr) he wants to use 90-120 gr paper, but the machine doesnīt wants to fold and staple in the middle, as soon you change the seetings under properties the machine refuse to print.
You can print with plain paper but the color doesnīt fix in the paper. Itīs look very bad and itīs jam. (My client use pictues in the booklet)
Is there any way a can walkaround this issue or maybe if there is a switch that i can turn it off for this command and leeting me change the paper type in properties and letting my client prints his booklet.

Sincerely..

Imsdal

hotfuser
10-26-2015, 12:37 PM
Hi.

I have this client that wants to use thick paper on a C220 with a finisher.
He doesnīt want to use plain paper (80gr) he wants to use 90-120 gr paper, but the machine doesnīt wants to fold and staple in the middle, as soon you change the seetings under properties the machine refuse to print.
You can print with plain paper but the color doesnīt fix in the paper. Itīs look very bad and itīs jam. (My client use pictues in the booklet)
Is there any way a can walkaround this issue or maybe if there is a switch that i can turn it off for this command and leeting me change the paper type in properties and letting my client prints his booklet.

Sincerely..

Imsdal

The only thing you can do is to up the fuser temp but you may find you get problems with normal paper.

allan
10-26-2015, 02:11 PM
Adjust the staple position in service mode? Ad plain setting paper to suit the thicker stuff.

UKTeam
10-26-2015, 02:22 PM
Has a similar request, but this was only to Fold a 90gsm full colour A3, So no stapling was involved.
The Driver does not let you Bind and Fold Thick 1

But

You can use the driver's Cover mode utility, with the Cover Source as Thick 1, and it will Fold! (but Only for one sheet of course)

emujo
10-26-2015, 02:45 PM
You need a production MFP to saddle stitch heavy paper..Office MFPs will ONLY work with plain paper. You can try and fool it, but CQ will be off because the device settings are not accounting for thick modes. Emujo

tech51
10-26-2015, 07:37 PM
And there's every chance you will break the folding blade. We've had a few break just on 80gsm!

allan
10-26-2015, 09:12 PM
You have a specification limitation.
:cool:

blackcat4866
10-27-2015, 12:42 AM
Even with your fixing temperature at it's highest settings it will not properly fuse the heavy gloss paper. After as little as 8 pages the fuser temperature at the center of the fuser will drop low enough to get toner blistering off the paper. And normal 75gsm plain paper will wrinkle.

This was definitely not my idea. In fact it's a very bad idea. It works poorly, and noone is happy. Your enduser needs a production level machine machine.

If you want to complain to someone, complain to the manufacturer for combining a 80gsm capable booklet finisher with a 256gsm capable MFP. Or complain to the salesman for a poor match between enduser and device.
=^..^=

Custom Search