PDA

View Full Version : How to reset bizhub 552(black + white) after emptying toner waste container

Custom Search

axyun
10-26-2015, 10:00 PM
Customer emptied waste container and installed but machine has waste toner box installation error. Install waste toner box and close all doors. Please help as in field and 10 minutes from customer office. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

antone
10-26-2015, 10:17 PM
Make sure Window..is cleaned!On right side make sure tap is hitting senor...put paper if broken off...that's all

allan
10-26-2015, 10:29 PM
Make sure Window..is cleaned!On right side make sure tap is hitting senor...put paper if broken off...that's all

These customer will leave the waste box out all together if you block the sensor with paper. I have done that until i saw the damage that will do.

antone
10-26-2015, 10:33 PM
Block sensor with paper...put box in

axyun
10-26-2015, 10:52 PM
If you are talking about where the window on waste toner box enter i just put paper there but nothing happens whe i close door. Same message stays.

axyun
10-26-2015, 10:56 PM
Does the waste toner box life need to be reset on control panel?

allan
10-26-2015, 11:30 PM
Does the waste toner box life need to be reset on control panel?

No. This one is very simple. One sensor to check for toner overflow. and one to check if the box is set.

allan
10-26-2015, 11:35 PM
Oops and rotation sensor.

That happened on the "e" range where the machine does not even stop if you remove the box. No detection at all.

vapesenberg
10-26-2015, 11:39 PM
The correct solution is to Replace the box not empty it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

allan
10-26-2015, 11:43 PM
The correct solution is to Replace the box not empty it.

Surely you can reuse them?

vapesenberg
10-26-2015, 11:55 PM
Sure, just like you can you use after market toner; or poorly cut or humid paper; but there are consequences to your actions. You get what you pay for, cutting corners only leads to bigger issues down the road. In my 9yrs of experience it is Always better to do it right the first time then have to go back and re-do it. What is your time worth to you? Surely more than that inexpensive waste toner box....

blackcat4866
10-27-2015, 12:30 AM
There are three ways that KM detects waste toner:
1) the window: There is no easy way to get to the window to clean it. If you get water in there you will end up with a disaster.
2) the flag: There is a flag that blocks a photointerrupter to identify the presence of the bottle. Customers routinely break this off.
3) the agitation sensor: If the waste toner agitator cannot rotate, you'll get a waste bottle indication. You need to be able to rotate the agitator manually.

Don't waste your time. Encourage the enduser to buy waste bottles. =^..^=

axyun
10-27-2015, 01:02 AM
I saw the 2 sensors on the front left bottom of machine. The photointerruptor for the window and the one the flag that turns and engages sensor. I did not see a third which is probably why still same problem. Customer told me she emptied waste and had to do it 4 times as there was still toner in container. I am thinking customer prpbsly broke the flag for sensor that detects container though i missed the sensor. Is it front right side?
i can check the parts and service manual when i get back in morning. Not familiar with thus machine. Have done several calls on it. Thanks to all for your info and help. I will post results when call is finished. Frank

allan
10-27-2015, 07:30 AM
I have reused the same waste box on a C360 probably 15 times.

Imagine a landfill.

vs

axyun
10-27-2015, 03:13 PM
I only see 2 sensors over to the left. One is ps23 which I guess is the rotation sensor which sees the rotating flag at bottom of waste box. the other sensor is a few inches away and higher . it is ps54 which sees window on waste box. I did not see any other sensors. This the the black and white 552 NOT the color C552. Any additional help is appreciated very much. Frank

emujo
10-27-2015, 03:29 PM
I have reused the same waste box on a C360 probably 15 times.

Imagine a landfill.

vs

The landfill I see is one with broken bags of waste toner you filled up instead of replacing the box. KM has a green planet program..anyone with a KM device can throw their waste boxes, empty toner (actually any consumable device) into the prepaid UPS shipping box and send it back to KM. They will reuse/recycle. Waste boxes are part of the service contract. Emujo

axyun
10-27-2015, 03:46 PM
I am really upset that the customer did this as they probably wanted to finish a job and didn't want to wait for a waste box to be shipped. They have a contract for service and I would have preferred to have taken care of it myself. I am looking for a waste box locally as I won't go back without a new one. Meantime, machine still down. Frank

allan
10-27-2015, 04:09 PM
The landfill I see is one with broken bags of waste toner you filled up instead of replacing the box. KM has a green planet program..anyone with a KM device can throw their waste boxes, empty toner (actually any consumable device) into the prepaid UPS shipping box and send it back to KM. They will reuse/recycle. Waste boxes are part of the service contract. Emujo

No service like that in Africa. :eek:
I know with the new developer top up system the waste boxes would not last if you just keep removing the waste toner.

I would like to know how KM process those things. It would probably end up somewhere in india.

emujo
10-27-2015, 06:33 PM
So, it looks like the KM green planet needs to renamed to 1/2 of the planet, as you are correct, service not offered in your country..in fact, it's only available in Europe and the US..I guess you do have to just toss it in a landfill. Emujo

allan
10-27-2015, 06:44 PM
So, it looks like the KM green planet needs to renamed to 1/2 of the planet, as you are correct, service not offered in your country..in fact, it's only available in Europe and the US..I guess you do have to just toss it in a landfill. Emujo

There is a program here and KM is carbon neutral here. Waste products at the HO and branches do use recorded waste management, by using waste recycling companies that do what with it?

MFPs R Now PCs
10-27-2015, 06:45 PM
Isn't still just the standard "Trouble Reset"? Holding Utility/Counter while powering on?

allan
10-27-2015, 06:56 PM
Isn't still just the standard "Trouble Reset"? Holding Utility/Counter while powering on?

Hehe. That very well could be.

allan
10-27-2015, 07:03 PM
C2204 will pop up if the agitator fails to turn. It's a Class B error reset. Open and close front door.
What does the sensor tests return?

CompyTech
10-27-2015, 07:24 PM
Open up the front door look at the lower right hand corner, there is a slit with the sensor that the flag on the WTB fits into. This flag easily gets snapped off. Best thing to do is make sure wtb window and sensor area are clean, fold up a piece of paper and stick in the slit with the sensor, reinstall WTB, close the door, and this should work 9x out of 10. You can then replace the WTB with a new one when it fills up again.

As allan has said you can reuse the C360 WTB. I have in the past unscrewed just the window and dumped the waste toner out until I could replace with a new WTB. Many times I would get a call because the customer emptied the box and it still showed full because the window was filled up. The C550 series was harder to empty because the window is not removable. I think it's a waste of time to constantly empty these things, however I see the cost benefits. The Kyoceras have some of the easiest WTB to empty out(and I've done so) compared to the Konica Minoltas..

allan
10-27-2015, 09:30 PM
Open up the front door look at the lower right hand corner, there is a slit with the sensor that the flag on the WTB fits into. This flag easily gets snapped off. Best thing to do is make sure wtb window and sensor area are clean, fold up a piece of paper and stick in the slit with the sensor, reinstall WTB, close the door, and this should work 9x out of 10. You can then replace the WTB with a new one when it fills up again.

As allan has said you can reuse the C360 WTB. I have in the past unscrewed just the window and dumped the waste toner out until I could replace with a new WTB. Many times I would get a call because the customer emptied the box and it still showed full because the window was filled up. The C550 series was harder to empty because the window is not removable. I think it's a waste of time to constantly empty these things, however I see the cost benefits. The Kyoceras have some of the easiest WTB to empty out(and I've done so) compared to the Konica Minoltas..

The kyocera ones you can wash out with a bit of sand and water. Do that at the office it takes time to dry out.
But will look like new. There is a couple of ways to reassemble them wrongly. Same for some of the Ricoh machines.

Custom Search