PDA

View Full Version : C6500 c-2451 error

Custom Search

Dfriis
10-26-2015, 10:18 PM
I have a problem with konica C6500 (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=c6500) error code C-2451 on line speed 3

When I run Toner Density Sensor (Sensor output check) with Y on line speed 1& 2 => value normal ~ 135 ish

But, I run this with line speed 3 => value = 255 (max value) then machine error code C-2451 and shut down.

Tried to add toner and was down around 110 after adding. Swapped developer from another running machine same thing

How I do solve this problem, hope someone help me.

Thank you very much.

Dfriis
10-27-2015, 02:18 PM
Still fighting with this. Developer motor comes on at all 3 speeds in I/O test so don't think it can be motor. Tried different developer. Not sure what direction to go.

ServiceGuy_FI
10-27-2015, 04:25 PM
I had similar situation with one unit some time ago.

Please check the attached doc that helped me31081

remati
10-28-2015, 02:23 PM
Try change developer and developer unit....but normaly its solves to change only de developer..

Dfriis
10-28-2015, 02:35 PM
Try change developer and developer unit....but normaly its solves to change only de developer..

We swapped with a running developer from one of our other machines. Same thing. So sure it isn't developer.

Dfriis
11-03-2015, 06:30 PM
Anyone have any new ideas? I am finally back at this problem it is a strange one. I agree it usually the developer but this isn't changing no matter what I do.

ServiceGuy_FI
11-03-2015, 06:45 PM
Still fighting with this. Developer motor comes on at all 3 speeds in I/O test so don't think it can be motor. Tried different developer. Not sure what direction to go.

Check charging corona..

Tech80
11-03-2015, 07:30 PM
Found this in the 6500 solutions, don't know if it will help you:

DescriptionC-2451, C-2452, C-2453orC-2454.Solution CAUSE:A toner density sensor has failed or is being read incorrectly.
SOLUTION:To troubleshoot:

1. Swap suspected problem developing unit with theanother developing unit (tape up the developer toner entrance hole or leave toner hopper unit open withinterlocks made so it will not be adding toner to the incorrect swapped unit) and powerON the machine. If the problem follows the developing unit and a different service code is indicated,the TDS sensor (p/n A03U M508 01) may have failed.

2. Check the values of the sensors in the Service Mode: Service Mode a Process adjustment a Sensor output check a #4 TCR sensors . Values should be around 127-130 (if no reading, check developing unit connections, spring contacts and for loose wires). The higher the value, the more undertoned the developer. The lower the value, the more overtoned.

3. Try depleting toner, if needed, from the suspected unit by running halftones of test pattern 53, density of 255 (leaving toner hopper unit open so it will notadd toner). Check if the TCR value rises, achieving a value of 130.

4. Try adding toner to the suspected unit (closing the toner hopper unit so it will add) in the I/O mode (54-0 for Yellow, 54-3 for Magenta, 54-6 for Cyan or54-9 for Black) to see if the suspected unit values go lower (if not, the toner hopper may be packed or the toner motor has failed; test in I/O). Try to achievethe value of 127-130.Please refer to attached documentation. To viewthe PDF, you may need to download a free copy of Adobe Reader®.

5. The above procedures might have to be done a couple of times to achieve the target values. Perform any required image adjustments after the procedurehas been done. Malfunction Code Color C-2451Yellow C-2452 Magenta C-2453 Cyan C-2454 Black Note : Developing Units are normally replaced at 600,000 anddeveloperis normally replaced at 200,000.

Note: Another solution suggested to replace the charge corona.

Dfriis
11-03-2015, 10:00 PM
Thanks Tech80,

We have tried all of this even swapped the developer from another 6500 here just to see. The strange thing about this is that we are getting a 131 on speed1 (or test 1) and also test 2 but as soon as you go to three it instantly shoots to 255 and fault with c2451. I have tested the developer motor in the I/O and it runs in all 3 speeds so really don't think it is motor related.

This one is real odd there has been someone else awhile back posted this same problem but never updated the fix. The other thing to note is that this is the original problem it wasn't something that was a result of any other maintenance or anything. It just snapped this code on start up and can't get it to change.

Found this in the 6500 solutions, don't know if it will help you:

DescriptionC-2451, C-2452, C-2453orC-2454.Solution CAUSE:A toner density sensor has failed or is being read incorrectly.
SOLUTION:To troubleshoot:

1. Swap suspected problem developing unit with theanother developing unit (tape up the developer toner entrance hole or leave toner hopper unit open withinterlocks made so it will not be adding toner to the incorrect swapped unit) and powerON the machine. If the problem follows the developing unit and a different service code is indicated,the TDS sensor (p/n A03U M508 01) may have failed.

2. Check the values of the sensors in the Service Mode: Service Mode a Process adjustment a Sensor output check a #4 TCR sensors . Values should be around 127-130 (if no reading, check developing unit connections, spring contacts and for loose wires). The higher the value, the more undertoned the developer. The lower the value, the more overtoned.

3. Try depleting toner, if needed, from the suspected unit by running halftones of test pattern 53, density of 255 (leaving toner hopper unit open so it will notadd toner). Check if the TCR value rises, achieving a value of 130.

4. Try adding toner to the suspected unit (closing the toner hopper unit so it will add) in the I/O mode (54-0 for Yellow, 54-3 for Magenta, 54-6 for Cyan or54-9 for Black) to see if the suspected unit values go lower (if not, the toner hopper may be packed or the toner motor has failed; test in I/O). Try to achievethe value of 127-130.Please refer to attached documentation. To viewthe PDF, you may need to download a free copy of Adobe Reader®.

5. The above procedures might have to be done a couple of times to achieve the target values. Perform any required image adjustments after the procedurehas been done. Malfunction Code Color C-2451Yellow C-2452 Magenta C-2453 Cyan C-2454 Black Note : Developing Units are normally replaced at 600,000 anddeveloperis normally replaced at 200,000.

Note: Another solution suggested to replace the charge corona.

mrwho
11-11-2015, 02:02 PM
I'm having the exact same problem, but on line speed 2.

Dfriis
11-11-2015, 02:12 PM
I'm having the exact same problem, but on line speed 2.
We are still working on ours so if I figure it out I will let you know.

mrwho
11-11-2015, 04:44 PM
In my case replacing both the developing unit and the developer for magenta solved it.
Good luck with yours!

joaodaffonsojr
04-11-2018, 06:33 PM

Hi !

I'm getting the same error ...
how did you fix it ?

thanks !

methogod
04-11-2018, 09:13 PM

whats the meter on your machine?

I had this in CYAN, but it wasnt DV unit, but the drive - not the motor but the plastic side (same piece you stick in the drill to empty DV from unit)

Was worn down so much had issues at higher speeds.... not sure but would check.

ScovelNet
04-27-2020, 01:48 AM
Hi !

I'm getting the same error ...
how did you fix it ?

thanks !

The main cause of this is usually from humidity in one of the colors. We had c6500 in storage for a year and got this error when booted up.

Depending on color it will throw errors C-2451 C-2452 C-2453 C2454

Solution: Service Menu -> State Confirmation -> I/O Check Mode
Note: The "IN" Value should be around 130-150 for each color, if its high it will throw the error code.

You will need these codes to check each color humidity value.
Yellow 54:00
Magenta 54:03
Cyan 54:06
Black 54:09

Once you are in I/O Check Mode you will need to type 54 -> press Access -> type 00 (for yellow), repeat for each color to see IN value.
If a value is high, like 200+ press start and the machine will start running and the value will slowly drop, once it falls between 130-150 hit the stop button.

If this does not fix the error code then you have additional issues and will likely need to replace parts like the person above.

Hope this helps someone!

Custom Search