PDA

View Full Version : c364e : problem with ADF

Custom Search

dc-master
10-28-2015, 05:33 PM
Hi,

We recently bought a c364e with a ADF DF-624 and the problem is that the ADF shows no response. we even checked the cable connecting the ADF to the main machine and it showed 24v signal inside the cable.
Also there is no ADF menu in service mode.

do any of you guys have any suggestions?

thanks so much in advance.

habik
10-28-2015, 05:40 PM
Hi,

We recently bought a c364e with a ADF DF-624 and the problem is that the ADF shows no response. we even checked the cable connecting the ADF to the main machine and it showed 24v signal inside the cable.
Also there is no ADF menu in service mode.

do any of you guys have any suggestions?

thanks so much in advance.

Page TWO > there is ADF.

allan
10-28-2015, 05:46 PM
Did that machine come with setup instructions?
The main body can take a DF-624 of a DF-701(dual scan)
Go to service mode and look for the ADF setting under system.
Select DF-624 and cycle the power.

Or do you get the message on the copy screen that something can not be used?

blackcat4866
10-29-2015, 12:05 AM

I think I would start by looking at System2 > Options > and see if the DF is SET. If yes, the ADF menu will appear in the service menu. That does appear in the setup instructions.

dc-master
10-29-2015, 10:22 PM
Thank you all

Page TWO > there is ADF.

If your mean is page 2 of the main menu in the service mode, I don't have any.
in service mode, only I have 1 page on main menu.

I think I would start by looking at System2 > Options > and see if the DF is SET. If yes, the ADF menu will appear in the service menu. That does appear in the setup instructions.

Service mode --> system 2 --page 2--> ADF settings --> DF-624 (it is highlighted and selected)
but I don't have any specific menu in service mode for ADF and also when I'm putting paper(s) to ADF, as I know the light should be on. but I can't see any action.

I tried Service mode --> system 1 --> problem unit isolation set
and set and unset the ADF. but again no result.

Do you have any other idea?
or how I can be sure that the ADF hardware is okay?

habik
10-30-2015, 12:41 AM
Thank you all

If your mean is page 2 of the main menu in the service mode, I don't have any.
in service mode, only I have 1 page on main menu.

Service mode --> system 2 --page 2--> ADF settings --> DF-624 (it is highlighted and selected)
but I don't have any specific menu in service mode for ADF and also when I'm putting paper(s) to ADF, as I know the light should be on. but I can't see any action.

I tried Service mode --> system 1 --> problem unit isolation set
and set and unset the ADF. but again no result.

Do you have any other idea?
or how I can be sure that the ADF hardware is okay?

Service mode --> system 2 --page 2--> ADF settings --> DF-624 (it is highlighted and selected) > END > EXIT
Switch machine off with main power switch and wait at east 10 seconds.
Power up

dc-master
10-30-2015, 07:39 AM
Service mode --> system 2 --page 2--> ADF settings --> DF-624 (it is highlighted and selected) > END > EXIT
Switch machine off with main power switch and wait at east 10 seconds.
Power up

I did it several times
no result!!

allan
10-30-2015, 08:02 AM
Is the pick up roller lifting up on start-up?

If its a new machine get KM involved.

dc-master
10-30-2015, 02:12 PM
Is the pick up roller lifting up on start-up?

If its a new machine get KM involved.

I can't see/feel any pick-up roller movement.

Actually, we don't have Konica agent in my country and I bought this from outside and import it.
I can return it to the seller but it will cost me a lot and I'm trying to be sure that ADF have some hardware/technical problem and then return it.

habik
10-30-2015, 02:24 PM
What firmware is it on at the moment?

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

mo0651
10-30-2015, 02:26 PM
We had to replace the ADF cable that looks like a USB cable. Black in color. We had a machine throwing the error code for ADF. You have not other codes?

emujo
10-30-2015, 04:00 PM
You should be getting some kind of error code if the ADF is electronically installed but has a problem..

1. How many cables are running from the back of the ADF? 1=DF-624, 2=DF70X.
2. Remove back of MFP and double check cables are actually plugged into a small 4x4 board. If so remove and reset board and ribbon cable.
3. Check service mode for ADF firmware version. If none listed then you probably have a ADF board issue, or a power problem. Emujo

dc-master
11-01-2015, 06:50 PM
What firmware is it on at the moment?

Please check these pictures (I don't know which one I should tell you)

dc-master
11-01-2015, 07:12 PM
We had to replace the ADF cable that looks like a USB cable. Black in color. We had a machine throwing the error code for ADF. You have not other codes?

I don't receive any error code.
also I checked the ADF cable socket (on the main machine) and we had 24v voltage on that but I didn't check the other side of the cable that connected to ADF

You should be getting some kind of error code if the ADF is electronically installed but has a problem..

1. How many cables are running from the back of the ADF? 1=DF-624, 2=DF70X.
2. Remove back of MFP and double check cables are actually plugged into a small 4x4 board. If so remove and reset board and ribbon cable.
3. Check service mode for ADF firmware version. If none listed then you probably have a ADF board issue, or a power problem. Emujo

1- one cable
2- please check the below pictures
3- I uploaded firmware pictures in my last post

blackcat4866
11-02-2015, 12:56 AM
There have been a few upgrades since K2. Firmware is currently at G00-K6. I don't expect that it will resolve your problem, but it's a preliminary step you need to take. =^..^=

copier addict
11-02-2015, 01:18 PM
Page three of your firmware list shows no firmware for the ADF. That means the machine doesn't recognize that there is an ADF attached. I would start at the ADF connector and work my way back to the DF and check wiring. If all the wiring is okay, you likely have a board issue.

allan
11-02-2015, 02:02 PM
Page three of your firmware list shows no firmware for the ADF. That means the machine doesn't recognize that there is an ADF attached. I would start at the ADF connector and work my way back to the DF and check wiring. If all the wiring is okay, you likely have a board issue.

I agree that that means that there is no ADF present, but if you can't select the correct DF in system 2 and options if will not show any way.

If you select the DF-624 under service mode and restart the machine did the setting stick? Does DF-624 stay highlighted?

dc-master
11-02-2015, 03:22 PM
thank you guys
I came to a short trip and will back on next week and try your suggestions

If you select the DF-624 under service mode and restart the machine did the setting stick? Does DF-624 stay highlighted?

yes, it is still highlighted

dc-master
11-09-2015, 07:33 PM
finally I find the problem and solve it.
it was very simple and stupid!

As you know a cable come from the ADF and connected to the main unit.

There is 2 wires that using for the power. the head cover of one these wires, not fixed correctly and therefore the ADF not received power voltage.

Thank you all guys that helped and guide me.

habik
11-09-2015, 10:13 PM
Guess what :) I just run across this same/similar issue. but in my case it is c284e, and it problem is getting even funnier.

It started by not recognising paper size in ADF. Then when turned up it looked like it is working. Was on J9 firmware so loaded K2 to be sure. Tests 1-sided 2-sided mixed orignals all good. Did reboot, Copy OK, Scan OK. Went away.
Got a call back in 2 hrs. Machine doing the same. Next day went to the office got varistor and on arrival machine had CF907. Re-booted and changed varistor for original paper size width. Machine was ok for few secods then thrown paper jam when I put paper in ADF. Tried calibrating and abeit showing correct numbers out come came NG :confused: .. Trouble reset.Checked voltages and all seemed OK. Disconnected ADF. Machine working OK, COPY & SCAN. So ADF it looks like it is. Re-connected ADF and CF907 appear, went to Service Mode and in Firmware section is not showing ADF version.:confused: Tried Re-loding firmware and ADF is not on the Firmware boot menu. Disconected ADF and tried to print, machine is offline, trouble reset, machine showing offline, Can't print to it. Copy only, SO ..go figure. Will report later, when boards arrive. Before boards replacemet I'll have a proper look again on the connectors, as with all the honesty that board in ADF (DFCB) when you pull some of the connectors sometimes the whole connector poppes out so you have just pins sticking out. :D *Klumpat* we call it. `So if this same crap is midway and on the other side, I'll be fuming. But still don't get why machine is coming offline with ADF disconnected.

blackcat4866
11-10-2015, 12:35 AM
... There is 2 wires that using for the power. the head cover of one these wires, not fixed correctly and therefore the ADF not received power voltage...

... I'll have a proper look again on the connectors, as with all the honesty that board in ADF (DFCB) when you pull some of the connectors sometimes the whole connector poppes out so you have just pins sticking out. :D *Klumpat* we call it...

Thanks for sharing dc-master and habik. =^..^=

habik
11-11-2015, 07:27 PM
Both boards had to be replaced. DFCB & MFPB.
Cheers!

habik
11-11-2015, 07:29 PM
Here is a pic of the connector that should be glued in http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/11/70e9dc402c2227cfbbf8e98770da9337.jpg

Custom Search