PDA

View Full Version : c454e Print Jobs Locking up machine

Custom Search

splblazer91
10-31-2015, 03:43 AM
This is a 3 week old machine. It has K6 firmware. It seems as if the machine locks up coming out of sleep mode when it receives a print job. I have turned off sleep mode but it seems to still go into a low power state according to the customer and is still locking up. Any Suggestions?

EarthKmTech
10-31-2015, 07:41 AM
disable weekly timer
disable power consumption during sleep mode.
you have already disabled sleep mode - these 3 are what usually fixes this for us.

splblazer91
10-31-2015, 07:48 PM
Ive disabled all those to no avail so far. FYI it locks up on any document (pdf,ppt or word)

EarthKmTech
10-31-2015, 10:42 PM
is it crashing in sleep mode, ie never waking up in the morning?

if yuve done all of this and its still doing this every morning you may need to replace the SSD - we have had to do that in the past too. For us we tried a new mfp board first and it made no difference, the ssd fixed it.

is it logging any error codes ?

If its got lots of FA17's, it could be being caused by something else on the network - in which case none of the above will make any difference. Have had this too.

splblazer91
10-31-2015, 11:11 PM
It does wake up when the job is sent but never prints. Data light just flashes til you cycle power then it prints.

SSD is a possibility. It has had one FA17 Code.

Network isnt an issue i dont think. I have about 95 machines on this same network that work fine.

EarthKmTech
10-31-2015, 11:17 PM
It does wake up when the job is sent but never prints. Data light just flashes til you cycle power then it prints.

SSD is a possibility. It has had one FA17 Code.

Network isnt an issue i dont think. I have about 95 machines on this same network that work fine.

Rule out the network - where i had the fa17 issue and machines locking every machine onsite was doing it.

splblazer91
11-06-2015, 01:16 AM
Replaced SSD Board then MFP and all is right again in the world.

MVPunisher
11-06-2015, 01:15 PM
Yep I had to do the SSD board also. Did a "self diagnostic" in service mode and one part of the SSD showed NG.

Replaced SSD never heard from them again. Much easier than mfp.

fishleg
11-11-2015, 07:49 AM
How did people fix the fa17 if it was due to network? We had a battle with a customer almost being sued because of 4 machine all locking up within a few mins of each other. Would love to know how you fixed it or what caused it?

We actually took a new machine and said watch, it crashed in front of customer who just said well all my xerox machines work... Which they did to be fair so we took a samsung and a kyocera but only the Konica's would crash... 20 plus calls with even Konica being baffled. We replaced the whole machine, fw, disabled every network service nothing would work but if you left the network unplugged machine would be happy all day long. In the end the calls stopped so they obviously was something on there network which was crashing our machines but they wont tell us as we would kindly hand them one huge bill....

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

copier tech
11-11-2015, 09:43 AM
I've never needed to replace a SSD Is there any specific procudure for replacing the SSD or is it simply a case of fitting the part, any special firmware etc?

big jase
11-11-2015, 07:11 PM
I've never needed to replace a SSD Is there any specific procudure for replacing the SSD or is it simply a case of fitting the part, any special firmware etc?

I have just had a similar issue but was getting CE 301 when machine was rebooting. I replaced HDD no joy the same. I did a full data clear 3 times before it totally cleared down. But the MFD has been fine ever since

allan
11-11-2015, 09:06 PM
How did people fix the fa17 if it was due to network? We had a battle with a customer almost being sued because of 4 machine all locking up within a few mins of each other. Would love to know how you fixed it or what caused it?

We actually took a new machine and said watch, it crashed in front of customer who just said well all my xerox machines work... Which they did to be fair so we took a samsung and a kyocera but only the Konica's would crash... 20 plus calls with even Konica being baffled. We replaced the whole machine, fw, disabled every network service nothing would work but if you left the network unplugged machine would be happy all day long. In the end the calls stopped so they obviously was something on there network which was crashing our machines but they wont tell us as we would kindly hand them one huge bill....

It could be the network switch. Had that happen before but all B36 machines.

habik
11-11-2015, 10:26 PM

Are they running on Cisco switches or AP's? Can you print direct from your laptop if you avoid their network but still using their power line.
We had 2 Konics that we couldn't get to work properly and at the end we pulled the machines out.

Have you had it on Auto 10_100_1Gbps ?

It wasn't by any chance on the same IP as any other device on network?

vapesenberg
11-12-2015, 12:46 AM
I had the same issue on multiple c454e & C554e at one location, we tried FW, & HDD, then we discovered someone had plugged a personal PC into the network which was running it's own DHCP server, once we found and removed it from the network the issue was resolved. I had one other C454e do the same thing I reloaded FW 1st when that didn't work I used a packet sniffer to determine there was PC sending excessive SNMP traffic to the MFPB, it would happen for 3-5 min at a time and then stop for 3-5 min, everything the MFP would freeze then reboot. I told the customers IT; once the PC was quarantined the MFP functioned normally.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

habik
11-12-2015, 02:01 AM
I had the same issue on multiple c454e & C554e at one location, we tried FW, & HDD, then we discovered someone had plugged a personal PC into the network which was running it's own DHCP server, once we found and removed it from the network the issue was resolved. I had one other C454e do the same thing I reloaded FW 1st when that didn't work I used a packet sniffer to determine there was PC sending excessive SNMP traffic to the MFPB, it would happen for 3-5 min at a time and then stop for 3-5 min, everything the MFP would freeze then reboot. I told the customers IT; once the PC was quarantined the MFP functioned normally.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thanks for that!! Will keep that in mind!

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

tekhed
11-13-2015, 11:57 PM
I would put a little 5 port switch in between their switch and the machine and see how that goes

Custom Search