PDA

View Full Version : FS 6525 mfp address book issues

Custom Search

stevee104
10-31-2015, 01:34 PM
Had set up scan to smb on two computers and now in address book in command center the user names are still there but everything listed for them is gone. I go back and get them setup and do the the test connection and it test ok then i hit submit to store it comes up server error or internal server error.Firmware update and there is no server just the 2 pcs and the router box. is the main pwb board the problem or am i over looking something.it prints find and copies fine to.

blackcat4866
10-31-2015, 10:48 PM
I'm leaning toward a memory or HDD issue. Specifically, I've seen this data become corrupt due to a failing HDD. The data looks OK, but does not work unless re-typed and re-saved. You could try re-formatting the drive. =^..^=

copydocinc
11-02-2015, 08:58 PM
I had a very similar issue. After my customers IT guy spent multiple hours trying all kinds of stuff, I don't know what, they finally called me, blaming the machine as being the problem. Of course the machine is the problem sometimes, but I didn't have a great feeling about their IT guy. Anyway the machine was printing fine and copying fine. Could not scan, because no addresses etc. Could not even sign into command center.
I plugged in a different cat 5 cable into a different network outlet and everything showed up and worked as it should.
It could be as simple as a loose connector on the router or at the machine or in the wall outlet etc.

Kyo fan
11-05-2015, 02:57 PM
I've had this last week and after trying pretty much everything on hardware and software side, i ran U021 and entered everything again. This time i used different local IP address though. After that, command center and address book were working as intended.

Custom Search