PDA

View Full Version : C6500 Calibrating too often - also, trailing edge problem

Custom Search

dagoof
10-31-2015, 04:46 PM
Got a c6500 that's constantly calibrating - we're talking every couple of hundred sheets sometimes. I've tried adjusting some of the dipswitches on bit #23 but can't seem to limit it. I've PM'd and also ran the recommended initial setup procedure, but nothing seems to be helping. It's also going through toner like nothing else, produces a ton of waste toner! :rolleyes:

2nd problem is the trailing edge smudging on heavier stock - always around 8-10mm from back edge. I don't know if there's some judder before it hits the fuser causing the toner to unsettle.
Does anyone know of any fixes for this?

Thanks.

mircea
07-06-2016, 10:10 PM
well most common problem when printer keeps adjusting is that your gama/ color reg sensors are dirty or the solenoids are not working normally and the metal plates on top of sensors are locked
u can try to clean the sensors and check the metal plates so neither one to be locked.

Try to also check density sensors output values to see if your units are undertoned or not.
Somethimes it happens that one of your 80gm papers get's stuck under belt cleaning blade and it cant's adjust anymore so u can check for this too.

with u luck!

Custom Search