PDA

View Full Version : CS 250ci

Custom Search

LNorris
11-02-2015, 10:46 PM
having a printing issue. just brought the machine back from a rental. tried printing to it with win7, the test page goes to mfp, mfp data light starts blinking, the mfp says processing. have to kill print job in computer and reboot copier to clear.

I tried printing from xp and as soon as I hit print test page, get message that print failed.

I have rebooted several times, updated firmware. even reformatted hdd.

any ideas?

it has warning on the command center, but I'm guessing that's from 30% paper in tray.

Kidaver
11-02-2015, 10:52 PM
Printing thru a network or directly connected?

subaro
11-02-2015, 11:22 PM
Did you check the network card speed and type of negotiation, i.e duplex, full duplex ect. I would try doing a factory reset from command center and see. factory reset there does not affect service mode settings, but mainly the machine installation setup i think. printout service mode settings anyway and keep for reference.

LAN Interface Specifies the communication rate from Auto, 10BASE-T-Half,
10BASE-T-Full, 100BASE-TX-Half, and 100BASE-TX-Full.

Reset entire
device to
factory default
When clicking the Reset button, the machine returns to the
factory default settings. However, the document box,
address book, user information, logs, and certificates are not
deleted.

IPv6 Settings
IPv6 Specifies whether or not to enable the IPv6 protocol.
Select On to use the IPv6 protocol. [[[[ turn of ]]]

blackcat4866
11-03-2015, 12:23 AM
Are you authenticating properly? If you don't use the proper job account code it won't print.
Is it the proper print driver? =^..^=

subaro
11-03-2015, 04:48 AM
Are you authenticating properly? If you don't use the proper job account code it won't print.
Is it the proper print driver? =^..^=

I am sensing from the post that the machine is in the shop and he is using his pc from the shop. I have kyocera universal driver installed on my laptop at the shop and it has never failed to print in any kyocera machine. i use other manufactures universal driver to test their products and they work fine also. universal driver is a very usefull tool for the tech, it saves a lot of time. must have. In this way, no confusion and those thoughts of wrong drivers ect. are eliminated. Also if the machine has come back from a rental, then you would want to clear all the infomation on the machine before sending out again..
And to isolate the network, use a crossover. every tech should have one and use it for quick process of elimination

darry1322
11-03-2015, 12:02 PM
it has warning on the command center, but I'm guessing that's from 30% paper in tray.

Make sure that warning isn't a faulted out tray. Sometimes if a paper tray is faulted the machines refuse to print. Run 906 just in case.

subaro
11-03-2015, 03:36 PM
Everytime i encountered this problem, i had to replace the mainboard. This was usually on the fs-9530 printers. Tried everything, but could not resolve except by mainboard. my earlier post in this thread, i suggested a few things, as i never encountered this on the taskalfa.

Looking at the QandA on kyocera, found one with a TA5500i and the solution was the mainboard.

send print job, indicators blink , status shows processing , never outpts.
Even with crossover cable. flashed firmware, reseated dimms. does print from a usb driver. Try a deivice restart / or reset in command ctr.
Locks up in processing during print jobs / no output

Replaced the main pwb to correct

LNorris
11-03-2015, 04:39 PM
I was trying to print over in house network from two different computers. win 7 32 bit would send, mfp flashing data but no print no error. win xp would immediately say print failed at pc side.

I just direct connected from win 7 64 and printed no problem.

Kidaver
11-03-2015, 04:44 PM
Well your NIC is good then so driver or network issue

LNorris
11-03-2015, 04:49 PM
and it gets weirder.....

I try to print from the win 7 32 pc. the data light flashes, the pc says its in the print queue. but wont print. so I cancel the print job at the pc side, and it prints....wth is this thing doing ...lol

Kidaver
11-03-2015, 04:58 PM
Check if driver is set to KPDL

LNorris
11-03-2015, 08:14 PM
ok, prob fixed.....bad switch in house...made the computer tech do his job :)

subaro
11-03-2015, 08:23 PM
LNorris

Re: CS 250ci

And to isolate the network, use a crossover. every tech should have one and use it for quick process of elimination

There is a lesson to be taken here.

LNorris
11-03-2015, 08:28 PM
LNorris

Re: CS 250ci

There is a lesson to be taken here.

and just what lesson would that be? crossover cables are useless? not needed anymore in today's technology?

an in-house network that has worked for the year I have been there with no suspect of it to fail, could still ping, web into and scan from machine?

I've dealt with computers since 1983, CompTia A+ certified. learn that lesson

subaro
11-03-2015, 08:56 PM
and just what lesson would that be? crossover cables are useless? not needed anymore in today's technology?

an in-house network that has worked for the year I have been there with no suspect of it to fail, could still ping, web into and scan from machine?

I've dealt with computers since 1983, CompTia A+ certified. learn that lesson

Well i was not degrading your knowledge and training. i was just merely point out that with a crossover connection it's just your laptop and the machine, thus bypassing switches, and other network components. I would not consider a crossover cable to do a quick test as useless for a tech.
but please accept my apology if you felt insulted. It was not my intention.

Custom Search