PDA

View Full Version : C35 Scanner Lock_Pulling hair out

Custom Search

jrf
11-02-2015, 10:59 PM
Hello
I am getting a scanner lock error on a C35.
I have replaced the complete scanner assembly, the mfp board and the printer driver board and updated the firmware but no luck.
Have any of you had anything else cause this issue.
We have had it on other 35s but we have resolved it by doing one of the above.

Thank you

907tec
11-02-2015, 11:40 PM
Every time I have seen this error, it has been a broken scanner drive belt. Make sure to either glue the scanner lock open, or cut off the locking tabs underneath. A lot of people like to play with the lock button and inadvertently damage the scanner in the process.

EarthKmTech
11-03-2015, 07:06 AM
printer driver board?

Its either a fault with the ccd, belt, ribbon cables or MFPB.

here is a document showing how to test power to the optical unit from the mfpb fusible links. If they are outputting 0v you have blown the mfpb again.

fuzzyg
11-03-2015, 12:50 PM
Have you tested continuity on ribbon cables. Make sure you are moving them when you do test though ... We have had the B42 with endless ribbon cable issue's

SmellsHot
11-03-2015, 12:52 PM
Just fought with one last week. Ended up finally replacing the ribbon cables and that fixed the issue. Both ends of the pins on the ribbon cables looked fine.

jrf
11-08-2015, 11:55 PM
Just fought with one last week. Ended up finally replacing the ribbon cables and that fixed the issue. Both ends of the pins on the ribbon cables looked fine.

We started again and fitted a second mfp board which has resolved the problem.
Thanks again for replies

Custom Search