PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C280 fuser temp

Custom Search

paulrid
11-03-2015, 07:09 PM
Hi all,

Got a couple of questions about the C280 range of machines. I had a problem with one which when I saw what they were trying to tell me about was a fusing issue. The toner wasn't fusing to the paper and was causing a ghosting image where the toner was left on the fuser rollers. I changed the fuser with a one from another machine which worked for a couple of days but then did the same thing.
What I'd like to know is what should the two temps be? The temps I'm seeing are around 180c for the temp heat and 140 for temp pressure which I think are about right, what do you think?
Also have any of you seen this problem and found a different problem like voltage supply?
Im hoping it's just an old fuser which is also failing but any info from you guys would be useful.

thanks Paul.

allan
11-03-2015, 09:24 PM
If you are not using original toner that could happen.
If you TCR levels are too high that could happen.
If the fuser thermistors are not ok that could happen.
If the fuser is shot...
If that happens adjust your fuser temp in service mode and make sure the right media type is selected.

The polymerized wax based toner will fuse at lower temps making for a glossy print and a reduced carbon emission.
:p

paulrid
11-03-2015, 09:44 PM
If the fuser is shot...
If that happens adjust your fuser temp in service mode and make sure the right media type is selected.

The polymerized wax based toner will fuse at lower temps making for a glossy print and a reduced carbon emission.

Many thanks for the reply.

Adjusted fuser temp only allows +5 that didn't help.
but yes it's not original toner but I haven't seen this on other machines but something to look into.

thanks Paul.

blackcat4866
11-03-2015, 10:57 PM
If the fuser is shot...

All of these are true, but by far the most common is incorrectly set media type. =^..^=

paulrid
11-03-2015, 11:08 PM
All of these are true, but by far the most common is incorrectly set media type. =^..^=

Very true seen it too many times but with this one that's not the case.

thanks Paul.

AjitN
11-05-2015, 03:14 AM
[QUOTE=paulrid;495760]Hi all,

It could be toner.
Secondly I have seen this if erase lamp not proper & also I have observed this due to Drum Unit.
Most Important thing is you should tell us that Ghost Image is in particular color and at what interval.
If it is in all colors it could be ( just could be ) ITB OR Fuser.
Please note that interval will be different for Drum unit, ITB as well as Fuser. It is very easy to isolate the problem.
Hope this helps.

paulrid
11-05-2015, 08:16 AM
[QUOTE=paulrid;495760]Hi all,

It could be toner.
Secondly I have seen this if erase lamp not proper & also I have observed this due to Drum Unit.
Most Important thing is you should tell us that Ghost Image is in particular color and at what interval.
If it is in all colors it could be ( just could be ) ITB OR Fuser.
Please note that interval will be different for Drum unit, ITB as well as Fuser. It is very easy to isolate the problem.
Hope this helps.

thanks for the reply.

the interval is the same as other fuser unit failures it was more to do with the fact I changed it with another (used) one which also failed and I was just thinking if it could be something else.
Sorry i didn't say I had changed black drum, dev and ITB before fuser.
fingers crossed at the moment as i haven't heard back from them and don't won't to :)

paul.

EarthKmTech
11-05-2015, 09:49 AM
There was a special firmare released for this issue - it occurred in certain environments only.

It should still be possible in the latest firmware - it involved turning on a dipswtich setting to enable a cleaning page to be printed by the end user and fed through the machine to clean the fusing unit.

Much to my surprise it did actually work as the bulletin suggested.

Note, this was 5 years ago. I have not seen it since.

habik
11-05-2015, 09:56 AM
I can only suggest to get new fuser. I have customer who is fussy about quality print using CAD settings. Offsetting occurred often (usually not when I was there, but hey I do trust customers, when sample is provided) In the end I replaced Bk Drum, Dev, ITB and Fuser and problem went away. The parts were due to replacement, I just had them on long life. So it is often what they print. If quality is essential, just give new parts. Used parts are good only as emergency, or I see it that way.

paulrid
11-05-2015, 03:38 PM
Thanks for all the replays.

ive had another call from them same issue so I'm going back tomorrow and put in a new fuser but also vac out toner hopper and change toner. I'll also try and find that bulletin.
fingers crossed.
paul.

Custom Search