PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous FS-534 Staple Unit

Custom Search

Phrag
11-04-2015, 12:30 AM
EDITED: Made mistake in title. It's an FS-534, not FS-527.

This might be a bit of a long shot;I came across an issue with a staple unit clinch part not sitting correctly so when the Staple Unit would try to drive back home, it would collide with one of the paper stoppers in the finisher and make a hell of a racket and throw a code.

This was an out of town job so I tried to fix it there. Turns out there are a lot of small parts in there. They may or may not have fallen out.

It won't be hard for me to order a new one, or source one from another spare finisher, but I was wondering if anyone had a blow-apart diagram of the Staple Unit itself containing the various small metal parts.I want to try and see if I can put it back together, but I'm not holding my breath.

Cheers.

blackcat4866
11-04-2015, 12:51 AM
Kudos to you if you can get it re-assembled. Only once have I successfully re-installed a staple empty sensor flag and spring, actually made one from a block of black plastic. The other dozen times that I made the attempt, I just end up with a pile of parts, and no hope of getting it back together. Please let us know if you succeed or fail miserably. =^..^=

Phrag
11-04-2015, 01:39 AM
Well, thank for the support Blackcat. =P

I reckon I got it reassembled. Although I fear I'm missing 2 small springs. Might be able to use the springs from an FS-527.

Phrag
11-05-2015, 07:11 AM
Success. Staple Clinch repaired.

It took me a little while to figure out how the 5 separate parts were intertwined, but she's all good now.

ZOOTECH
11-05-2015, 08:10 AM
Success. Staple Clinch repaired.

It took me a little while to figure out how the 5 separate parts were intertwined, but she's all good now.
I AM impressed - good job!

Custom Search