PDA

View Full Version : Minolta DI551

Custom Search

Bill T.
06-06-2008, 10:52 PM
I am fighting a stapler issue on this model. The finisher is a FN6. When it staples, and the "legs" are supposed to fold (curl) over, one side of the staple curls correctly but the other leg starts the fold, but instead of it completely folding down, the end stands straight up, does not fold down completely. It does this on BOTH staplers. But when I try to staple 20+ pages instead of a curl fold it bends it flat. Hope I am explaing it good enough.
Many Thanks, Bill.

stacyrf
06-06-2008, 10:55 PM
they make a jig to correctly position the staple heads on this finisher. without the jigs it is very hard to correctly position the staple units.

cobiray
06-06-2008, 11:34 PM
It can be done, but it's time consuming. First determine if both staplers need adjusted or just one. Run a single position and double position stapled set. If just one is off then you need to adjust an individual stapler. If you remove the large plastic cover on the machine side of the stapler the adjustment can be made there. Find the "anvil" for the mis aligned unit. If I recall, there are 4 or 5 screws holding the unit. Loosen the screws move the unit to align. This will take trial and error if you've never done it before. If both units are off then it's usually easier. There is an alignment procedure in the manual for this or you can loosen the tensioner and slide both parts of the stapler to the center and re tighten. Good luck.

stacyrf
06-06-2008, 11:46 PM
other thing to check while you are doing this, make sure the screw inserts for the staple heads have not backed out of the plastic housing. if they have, take them out, squirt in some super glue and put them back in. kind of a pain but worth it if you are at this level.

mtech
06-07-2008, 02:42 AM
You can get the alignment back without the jig, however if the alignment has been off for too many whacks the clincher could be killed! I had this happen and it was not good.
Good luck!

MinoltaManager
06-07-2008, 03:07 AM
Get the jig to reposition the mechanism! Without it, it's a nightmare to try to line them up.:)

mtech
06-07-2008, 03:42 AM
Service manager speaks the truth!

nmfaxman
06-07-2008, 04:04 AM
Find the large metal jig. The plastic one they still sell doesn't work.
Even if you jig it right it will still jam.
Worst staple assy on the market, hand down.
You can adjust for double staple or front staple.
Rear corner staple is crappy at best.
Find the metal jig and physically move the rear stapler to position and readjust.
Good luck!!!!!!!!!

nmfaxman
06-07-2008, 04:06 AM
Don't super glue them. You can't readjust them. Nail polish on the screws will keep them from backing out.
Pick your favorite color.

Custom Search