PDA

View Full Version : C280 EK-605

Custom Search

copier addict
11-04-2015, 07:45 PM
We just got a previously owned C280 that is equipped with an EK-605 which is supposed to support bluetooth. I know nothing about these so I'm hoping someone can help. We are just going to re-sell this machine so it really is not important, but I am just interested in how it works.
I went through the installation instructions and made sure everything was enabled, but I can't get bluetooth to work. It shows up in Pagescope as a Local Interface.
Does this option allow bluetooth printing?
Does anyone have information about these.
Thanks

Motormount
11-05-2015, 12:06 AM
I had the same thing: lease return with Bluetooth I just had to figure out. It's not easy, or worth the trouble. If you have all the settings enabled, this should help. This is from theUser’s Guide [Network Administrator]

12.7.2 Printing a document
Reference
- To print from a cellular phone or PDA, set [Administrator Settings] −[System Connection] − [Cellular
Phone/PDA Setting] to [Allow] in advance. For details, refer to page13-59. To use a Bluetooth communication,
[Bluetooth Setting] must be enabled in this machine. For details, referto the [User's Guide Network
Administrator].
- When [User Authentication] is specified on this machine, even aregistered user cannot print a document
unless printing from a cellular phone or PDA is allowed in the machinesetting. For user authentication,
contact the administrator of the machine.
- For details on the User Box functions of the machine, refer to the[User's Guide Box Operations].
- For the operation of a cellular phone or PDA, refer to the operationmanual of the cellular phone or PDA.
1 Set the cellular phone or PDA to enable Bluetooth communication.
2 Press the User Box key on the control panel.
% Press [User Box] when the application menu is displayed.
Communication protocol Bluetooth Ver. 2.0 + EDR
Supporting profile OPP/BPP/SPP
Supporting file type PDF/Compact PDF/XPS/Compact XPS/TIFF/JPEG/XHTML/Repli-
Go
• For XHTML file types, the machine supports the character code
of UTF-8/Shift-JIS/ISO-8859 and the link file extensions of
JPEG/JPG/PNG.
• This machine supports RepliGo version 2.1.0.8.
PIN code 4-digit number
bizhub C360/C280/C220 12-30
12.7 Printing from a cellular phone or PDA 12
3 Select [Mobile/PDA] in [System User Box], and press [Use/File].
4 Press [Print List].
% To save data in a User Box, press [Save in User Box], and select thedesired User Box.
5 Check the displayed PIN code.
6 Select this machine in the cellular phone or PDA.
% Select the data you want to send if it is selectable.
7 Enter the 4-digit PIN code into the cellular phone or PDA.
% You can check the print setting in [Check Print Settings].
Once the PIN code is verified, connection is established and datatransmission and printing start.
bizhub C360/C280/C220 12-31
12.7 Printing from a cellular phone or PDA 12
Reference
You can configure print settings from the cellular phone or PDA in[User Setting] − [Cellular Phone/PDA Setting]
− [Print]. For details, refer to page 13-37.

copier addict
11-05-2015, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the great info Motormount. It worked like a charm. Much appreciated.

Custom Search