PDA

View Full Version : Kon-Min. C450 Finisher jam

Custom Search

Claudio
06-07-2008, 02:27 AM
I looked at a C450 that when the finisher is plugged in it shows a jam. Without it plugged in the copier does not have a jam.
I tried swapping around sensor to see if symptom would change but did not. Day finished & am going back Monday.
I looked through a list of bulletins & none describing what jam shown.
I do not have the service manual yet either.
Is there a common thing that goes bad that I can check?
Thanks in advance.
Claudio

mtech
06-07-2008, 02:58 AM
I sort of remember something like this but it was years ago. What jam code are you getting? You don't have a manual? I may have one kicking around. Will try to watch for your post as you will be going back Monday.

nmfaxman
06-07-2008, 05:59 AM
Unplug the sensors one at a time. When it resets that is the bad sensor. All sensors are an active high, meaning when the sensor is activated it will give the machine a 5v signal. Unplugging it will give a false 0v.
Unplug machine before plugging sensor back in.
Sounds like BS but Minoltas are constant 5v while plugged into the wall.
Takes time but solves the problem.
I can e-mail sensor locations and schematic if you need them.

Claudio
06-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Thanks for you replies guys.
It is not displaying a code but says to remove jam. and it indicates it in the finisher/ fuser exit area, but when finisher is unplugged, copier works fine.
If there is a code, then I still need to find it.
I know that Toshibas, when they have errors of jams, they keep an internal log of codes, or can also display the current error by pressing 0 & 8.
Regarding these Kon.Min. I am new to them.
I have different photo sensors I am taking with me to see if they may help me resolve it. Thanks again.
Have a great week :)
Back to the battle front.
Claudio

fishinfool
06-09-2008, 06:13 PM
I have had this problem before..Check the fuses on the C450 power supply.They will open door messages also when blown.There is approx. 10 3.15a fuses on the LVPS...

Claudio
06-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Thanks again for the replies.
I replaced the entrance sensor on the bridge and started working.
Preveously I swapped the sensors around but did not see any difference on the symptom. At that time I did not have sensors with me to replace them.
I did reinstall the old sensor to see if the same symptom would return ( to confirm if sensor was the issue ), but since it worked, I tested the machine and closed the service call.
I had the finisher unplugged over the weekend. Either the sensor was bad or it somehow reset itself.

Custom Search