PDA

View Full Version : 99-01 Controler jam??

Custom Search

allan
11-12-2015, 05:35 PM
This again. But first time for me. Its got me boggled out of my mind.
Loaded all the new base firmware. Changed and checked everything including the clutches for the registration and the exit section. Gates works fine. Sensors checks out. Motors work fine. Copy and print the same with moments where the machine will work for a ream or two. Duplex works fine. Paper stops at the fusing exit with a second page jamed in underneath it.
Checked the previous thread and that does not seem to apply. I have tried some things with no luck.
Any advice?

There used to be a C280 in place of this C364e. Now i miss that machine!
This must be some @#$% processing timing thing.

Its in a CEO office at one of our strongest accounts. The buyer retired there and we need to make a good impression. 15 years at that site.

CompyTech
11-12-2015, 06:35 PM
Had this problem before, it was the reg roller seizing up by the bushings.

EarthKmTech
11-12-2015, 09:00 PM
1 way clutches for vertical transport roller working ok on lct / tray 3/4? You will get this code when they slip. This is VERY common. I assume you know about the washer repair.

habik
11-12-2015, 11:56 PM
Manual says this:99-01 Forced stop command was sent from the controller to the printer engine due to the error in paper size,
etc.
Controller being:
Printer Driver-Incorrect settings or just certain application causing this? Does it work OK on paper path test (3x rim from 2 trays)
User error, forcing to print on incorrect size by fixing the tray open/close. For example : Trying to print on A3 but A4 is loaded in A3 tray.(Unlikely in your case, I am sure you would have notice, unless they do it on purpose or not knowing that the left to right guide has to be adjusted to the corresponding size.)

Try and give all photoreflective sensors a wipe with microfibre cloth. I had today MF282 which had thin film of paper residue stuck on these sensors and it won't come off by using air gun. just dust flies out, but the residue remained. They used some 130gsm stock and it made even the rollers hard 30k on feeds and had to replace them.

One last thing, have you replaced the torque limiters on separation rollers? Would be interesting to see the CSV file (List output)

habik
11-13-2015, 12:05 AM
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/80177-c554-j99-01-j3205-jams.html

allan
11-13-2015, 05:16 AM
Thanks for the replies.
There is no LCT on there so no tray 3 and 4 to worry about.
Reg roller is free wheeling.
It gives the J99-01 because of a second page feeding out of time, that fools the machine to think it's feeding an A3 page instead of an A4 page.

I changed the feed unit, and the problem did not come back yet. But i will only confirm that it's working today.
I finished at the end of the day, i realy hope it works, the machine that got the suspected feeder is also working ok.
So i don't know.
I did copy the list output to my USB drive, did not have a look at that yet.

habik
11-13-2015, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the replies.
There is no LCT on there so no tray 3 and 4 to worry about.
Reg roller is free wheeling.
It gives the J99-01 because of a second page feeding out of time, that fools the machine to think it's feeding an A3 page instead of an A4 page.

I changed the feed unit, and the problem did not come back yet. But i will only confirm that it's working today.
I finished at the end of the day, i realy hope it works, the machine that got the suspected feeder is also working ok.
So i don't know.
I did copy the list output to my USB drive, did not have a look at that yet.

Have a look at the reflective sensor ;) I think that is the issue.

allan
11-13-2015, 10:01 AM
Have a look at the reflective sensor ;) I think that is the issue.

The sensor is working fine changed that with the feed unit.
Something is triggering the feed clutches. The problem is the same from tray 1 and 2. I think its coming from a board?
We had to replace the machine with a new unit to get the customer happy.
Its was a new machine with only 50K on there.

habik
11-13-2015, 10:19 AM
The sensor is working fine changed that with the feed unit.
Something is triggering the feed clutches. The problem is the same from tray 1 and 2. I think its coming from a board?
We had to replace the machine with a new unit to get the customer happy.
Its was a new machine with only 50K on there.

Have the machine had (SB) sticker on the inside of the side door frame by any chance?

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

allan
11-13-2015, 02:17 PM
Have the machine had (SB) sticker on the inside of the side door frame by any chance?

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

I am not sure what you mean by that. Is that like a quality check sticker?

habik
11-13-2015, 03:01 PM
I am not sure what you mean by that. Is that like a quality check sticker?

yeah I noticed that on the machine where the DFCB + MFPB failed. was just curious.

allan
11-13-2015, 06:17 PM
I will check for that. I can't recall any sticker.
Well the machine is now back at the office any was jam free from the last call.
But i don't trust that. Wacky start of print timing.
I have the same thing with a B42 machine.
Why is there aditional photo reflective sensors on the feed station and vertical transport. i cant get that thing to stop jamming for the life in me. its easier to list what i did not change out.
I don't like those one bit

!@%$

allan
11-18-2015, 05:28 AM
Ok so that is caused by a bad door alignment. Even if you can pick up on it visually, the door and the transfer unit needs to be readjusted.

Got the answer from the training centre workshop manager. He needed to fix a batch of 9 machines with the same problem. One page just out of the fuser and one page fed in underneath it.

Brett GS
01-31-2018, 08:41 PM
Ok so that is caused by a bad door alignment. Even if you can pick up on it visually, the door and the transfer unit needs to be readjusted.

Got the answer from the training centre workshop manager. He needed to fix a batch of 9 machines with the same problem. One page just out of the fuser and one page fed in underneath it.

Craig is a boss!!!

Ashbell
02-02-2018, 05:27 AM

Could you possible explain to me how to do this, we have had a few machines that have had this error.

ANTDOG
05-30-2018, 01:33 AM
I have had this on a C654e,I replaced the PRCB board,problem solved.This error will drive you around in circles because the service manual does not give you any info about revelant parts.I just happened to order that PRCB for the first time 2 or 3 years ago and another tech called me almost a year ago,he had the 99-01 code on a C654e,he ordered the board,I went out and put it in,fixed it.Tomorrow morning I am going to a C754e with 99-01,if you power down then back up,it will say warming up,then a couple of minutes later,BAM,99-01.And that is just letting the machine do its normal boot process,it wont go to ready after that time passes.Try removing the finisher first,reboot the machine,see what happens.The PRCB is probably the culprit.
NOTE:FOLLOW THE PRINTER CONTROL BOARD INSTRUCTIONS BY THE BOOK.
Hope this helps.

Custom Search