PDA

View Full Version : Replace Transfer Belt Unit on Bizhub C351

Custom Search

RichGK0215
06-09-2008, 02:15 PM
I need to replace my Transfer Belt Unit on my KM Bizhub C351. Apparently, it is suppose to be easy to do, I just can't figure it out. Does anyone know how and can give me instructions?

JSC
06-09-2008, 03:32 PM
open right hand side door and remove 1 screw from a silver bracket front end of the machine and 1 from a silver bracket from the rear side of the machine, the brackets should pop out about 10cm.
Then open the left side door and remove the collection bottle, then pull out the transfer belt, if it does not want to come just check that the silver brackets on the right side of the copier have 'popped' out all the way. Should take you no longer than 30 sec's:)

JSC
06-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Or you could just replace the 30mA fuse?

NotByChoice
06-09-2008, 03:37 PM
I need to replace my Transfer Belt Unit on my KM Bizhub C351. Apparently, it is suppose to be easy to do, I just can't figure it out. Does anyone know how and can give me instructions?

Pull the finisher off (if you have one)
open the door on the left side (the one that the finisher was blocking)
take out the Waste Toner Box
Now you can get to the belt, i think theres 2 screws you need to take off and you can slide it out.

once you put the new one in you have to config/adjust it in the tech menu so the colours and alignment are right

NotByChoice
06-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Or you could just replace the 30mA fuse?

How much more life can you get out of it by doing that? Is it easy to do?

RichGK0215
06-09-2008, 04:16 PM
U R THE MAN!!!! I appreciate your help, it took me about 30 seconds to figure out. Now its talkin about a malfunction detected, call you tech rep. The unit is in correctly and everything is back the way it was, dont know what its talkin about. Its saying C-2152

Any clue to what that is?

RichGK0215
06-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Nevermind, I got it. Just a simple opening and closing of the front door did the trick. AGAIN,

JSC
06-09-2008, 05:18 PM
How much more life can you get out of it by doing that? Is it easy to do?
You can get up to 3x normal life.
Yes its easy to do slide the unit out about a foot, on the front corner of the transfer cleaning assy remove 1 small silver screw and replace the fuse. ;)

gedbourke
07-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Hello JSC, we have a Develop +351, followed your instructions, but cant locate the screw. Are you sure its the same on a +351 as it is on a +350?

nightshade
07-11-2008, 04:37 AM
You can get up to 3x normal life.
Yes its easy to do slide the unit out about a foot, on the front corner of the transfer cleaning assy remove 1 small silver screw and replace the fuse. ;)

If you use a pico fuse you can do it without removing the unit. Take off the small cover to the left of the yellow toner and cross the two wires with the fuse. Works great. And saves time.

redime
07-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Transfer belt will typically go 2-3 times expected life so long as it is well cared for. Make sure the belt cleaner on the end you pull the belt out from is kept clean (if you are standing facing the belt as it were coming out of the machine) there are two screws on the right hand side that hold a black plastic piece on the cleaner that will pop the cleaner off.

Vac if out and make sure it looks all pretty inside, wipe your belt off with some iso. alcohol and reasemble. Its a little tricky, theres a white gear that sits on a metal D post on that black plastic piece of took off -- but a non tech. should be able to figure it out with 15-20 mins. of fooling around. Its simple once you get the hang of it.

pop a new fuse in and be on your way :D

Same with the fuser units, they will code between 250-300k clicks, but you can reset and double the life.

ingridmv
01-16-2009, 06:27 PM
I hate to sound dumb, but were can I buy the fuse? is it the same procedure with a Bizhub C450? thanks for your help! :confused:

gedbourke
01-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Here in the UK we get them from Electrical supplies company. I also think Katun now sell them.

ingridmv
01-26-2009, 04:37 PM
thanks for the info I was able to find a fuse locally!

ozzyozzie
09-27-2013, 07:22 PM
open right hand side door and remove 1 screw from a silver bracket front end of the machine and 1 from a silver bracket from the rear side of the machine, the brackets should pop out about 10cm.
Then open the left side door and remove the collection bottle, then pull out the transfer belt, if it does not want to come just check that the silver brackets on the right side of the copier have 'popped' out all the way. Should take you no longer than 30 sec's:)Thanks! Just performed the procedure on mine. I did take it all the way out so I could clean the belt a bit. I also got lucky as I went to get a fuse from a local electronic store and was thinking 'lower than a 800mA' but of course the fuse I took out was a 80mA. D'OH. No matter, got lucky and the 500mA worked. BTW, on the rear side of the machine the bracket is plastic. Not sure if that is true for all C351. Easy enough to spot as I just had to go in the same line as the one I removed on the front end. Plus, as you said the brackets popped out so no mistaking them.

Custom Search