PDA

View Full Version : C284e error c-e004

Custom Search

barber782
11-13-2015, 05:16 PM
Greetings,

Having an interesting last call on a Friday . Customer reports that they are not able to use tray 1.
arrive on site and tray 1 is not displayed on copy screen. My instant thought is that there is a ball of paper stuck behind the cassette. So I check and remove 1 piece of paper lodged at the back. After rebooting machine to see if tray kicks into action it constantly displays error c-e004.

Any ideas?

CompyTech
11-13-2015, 08:06 PM
C-E004 is an "event error". It's probably just an electronic glitch. I would make sure DIMMs are seated properly and firmware is up to date. Worst case you got a bad MFPB or bad DIMM. Do the electronic test checks in the service mode to make sure.

Good luck.

edit: also make sure nothing on the network is borking out the MFP.

copier tech
11-13-2015, 11:24 PM
Did you try to SET/UNSET tray one in SE mode?

Mr Spock
11-16-2015, 12:23 AM
Try a trouble reset. I have had several that after customer turned off and on several times did not clear with out a trouble reset.

barber782
11-16-2015, 10:47 AM
I did a system error clear in service mode and no good. How do you go about doing a trouble reset on these? I remember on the older models you hold down utility counter button on boot up.

barber782
11-16-2015, 10:48 AM
Reseated dimms aswell and no joy. Will check out those electronic checks .

andyf424
11-16-2015, 03:11 PM
I did a system error clear in service mode and no good. How do you go about doing a trouble reset on these? I remember on the older models you hold down utility counter button on boot up.

reset key on newer machines.

blackcat4866
11-16-2015, 11:43 PM
system error reset = trouble reset
=^..^=

Grey
11-18-2015, 06:06 AM
Had this same code c-e004 on a Bizhub 454e with paper behind the trays.

Machine would reset, come to ready state, and then code out again in about 2 minutes.

Took it off of the network, same result.

After the standard run around with a ticket to SSD, ordered a MFP board.

New board did the trick.

Great to know that paper behind the drawers will cause a static blow out to the MFP.

barber782
11-23-2015, 01:39 PM
Any particular procedures when replacing mfp board?

barber782
11-23-2015, 02:52 PM
New board didn't work!!

allan
11-23-2015, 05:27 PM
Yes its a licensing this to start with. Data for this machine is located on all the prints.
The data gets read back from the existing prints to the replaced ones.
Its a triangular @#$%.

I get the idea that you need a licence key for the machine to come right.

Brett GS
10-21-2016, 07:14 PM
Hi guys
Anymore solutions for this code??
Got a C284e giving same code.
The machine accepts firmware fine but when it boots up i get the copy screen and about a 1 min later the code comes back,tried system error clear,reseating mfp connectors and ribbon cables,formatted HDD and even unset it in service mode but no joy at all.

Woxner
10-21-2016, 08:28 PM
yes there is a procedure you must follow. you have to enter machine type when replacing mfp. put firmware on usb then put in service port.turn on machine but do not install firmware at this time.enter machine type when it comes up after machine type is put in turn machine off wait 20seconds then back on then let it do firmware

Brett GS
10-24-2016, 07:15 PM
Ok i have been able to solve this code with out having to replace MFP board.
I formatted the SSD both logical and physical (doesnt take long at all),once the machine rebooted itself after the physical format the machine gave a hard drive error,did a logical format only. I rebooted and then got a fax error so then initilized fax,rebooted and happy days the machine came back up error free.

oscar
04-20-2018, 02:02 PM
Ok i have been able to solve this code with out having to replace MFP board.
I formatted the SSD both logical and physical (doesnt take long at all),once the machine rebooted itself after the physical format the machine gave a hard drive error,did a logical format only. I rebooted and then got a fax error so then initilized fax,rebooted and happy days the machine came back up error free.

how did you format the logical and physical SSD?

Synthohol
04-20-2018, 07:00 PM
I don't think 284s come with a hdd. So all scans and data go through the ssd instead..

Custom Search