PDA

View Full Version : Scan to Email using gmail settings

Custom Search

copierwhisper
11-13-2015, 11:38 PM
I have a customer that just installed a new router and installed a sonic wall, since that time the scan to email feature on the bixhub C360 fails (server connection error). I thought it was a gmail problem at first, but can't seem to get it working using another email host/account either. Any thoughts?

tekhed
11-13-2015, 11:54 PM
Try turning on the network error code to see if you can get a little more detail. Admin>network>detail settings>error code. Then look at the details of the scan job that has failed in the job log. Otherwise has the ip range changed? Is the gateway and DNS correct?

KenB
11-13-2015, 11:54 PM
I would bet money that the problem is SonicWall blocking the ports.

I'll never forget my first run in with one. They guy who set it up was a dork and didn't even know what he did. :mad:

Tell the customer's IT which port(s) you need, and also make sure they know the IP of the copier, in case they are allowing access by IP address.

The onus is on them to allow the ports you need. They blocked access, you did not.

wseyller
11-17-2015, 02:30 AM
You can tell if port is blocked by using a PC on customers network. Make sure telnet client is installed. If not it can be installed from "Turn windows features on/off"

Open command prompt

type in:

telnet smtp.gmail.com 465

or

telnet smtp.gmail.com 587

If successful you should immediately get a blinking cursor waiting for more commands.

If not successful then you will see it taking a while trying to connect and will eventually error out with a failure message.

Also there is an issue because google updated their security although I have not seen it myself on this model yet.

Bulletin here:

MVPunisher
11-17-2015, 04:04 PM
Yea like he said ^ there is a bulletin regarding gmail. I have not had to use this bulletin yet and we use gmail quite a bit.

Typically we change it to "Start TLS" and change the 465 to 587.

Also go to network settings , detail settings, ping confirmation and ping smtp.gmail.com

you should get a reply if all is well.

Custom Search