PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica c452 Scans but doesn't copy

Custom Search

jmart77
11-16-2015, 09:59 PM
I have a Konica c452 that goes to ready, scans the original, but doesn't copy. It looks like it puts the document in a que of some sort and asks for another original but never outputs a copy. There is an oil can and L2 when pressed but the magenta IU hasn't reached the end. Any ideas.

CompyTech
11-16-2015, 10:12 PM
Sounds like it's EOL. But check the contact pins for the toner and IU, I've had them bend up and cause weird issues like that.

jmart77
11-16-2015, 10:19 PM
EOL! Sounds like I need the PPLM mod. Does anyone know were/if I can get it.

MVPunisher
11-17-2015, 04:05 PM
If you have your indicators turned off , your transfer belt and/or fuser needs to be reset. Go into service mode, counter new release. Open the front door and reset them.

kingarthur
11-19-2015, 04:56 PM
I have a Konica c452 that goes to ready, scans the original, but doesn't copy. It looks like it puts the document in a que of some sort and asks for another original but never outputs a copy. There is an oil can and L2 when pressed but the magenta IU hasn't reached the end. Any ideas.
is this happening with the document feeder or on the glass....if its the glass do you get a choice of "change setting" or "finish"....go to finishing & change it from "sort" to "group"

jmart77
11-25-2015, 10:26 PM
Ok, I checked and it has a pplm mod. This machine just wont spit out a copy, all the supplies are good-- it acts like the print engine is disabled. I don't know the Konica's as well as the Toshiba's but something logic or security is keeping a copy or print job from happening.

Is there a KM tech that has seen this and can help me:

Background--new hard drive installed at customers office before I received the machine (I have since done a physical and logic format) and ran a HDD and memory check) all good.

Synaux
11-26-2015, 01:16 AM
Ok, I checked and it has a pplm mod. This machine just wont spit out a copy, all the supplies are good-- it acts like the print engine is disabled. I don't know the Konica's as well as the Toshiba's but something logic or security is keeping a copy or print job from happening.

Is there a KM tech that has seen this and can help me:

Background--new hard drive installed at customers office before I received the machine (I have since done a physical and logic format) and ran a HDD and memory check) all good.

Have you/can you print with it (e.g., from a computer)?
Have you checked the counters in service mode/any P codes in service mode?

If you just installed the hard drive you may need to "install" it - Service Mode > System 2 > HDD

You can always try a data clear and/or reflashing the firmware.

jmart77
11-28-2015, 05:11 PM
All right, cleared data, released the fuser and transport belt, checked the PPLM Mod., reset the security and administrators mode, however--it still won't make a copy. This is definitely a BizHub issue with logic or security. I've gone over what I've done and all possible errors there could be. Is there anyone out there who might be able to help me with this. I get a warning of L-2, but the Magenta IU still has a bar left, so I'm getting a reset chip next week. Can anyone provide me a way to release the L2 warning so I can prep the machine for delivery.

paulrid
11-28-2015, 07:27 PM
Does the job appear in the print queue? If so what does it say?
There is a setting in tech rep that will still stop printing even with eol firmware.
eol will show one bar left when it's reached the end

Synaux
11-29-2015, 01:28 AM
Well you cannot simply install the PPLM firmware and not change the settings and expect it to work.

There is a IU life stop setting (as mentioned, in Service Mode) and another one if you press stop-0-c in Service Mode.
Change switch switches: 51 HEX to F0 switch 55 HEX to 0C

Also, can you print to it with a computer?

copier tech
11-29-2015, 10:37 AM
This is a simple case of the magenta being at end of life, as said above check ALL the NO STOP etc settings in service mode.

The consumables status bar will NEVER go all the way full, there will always be one bar remaining.

However if you've ordered a chip that will resolve your issue.

jmart77
11-29-2015, 05:15 PM
The hex switches are set correctly. If there is another procedure under service mode-- stop 0 c-- I don't know about it please give me details. In the job que it reads stop/print for every copy I try to make-- very frustrating.

subaro
11-29-2015, 09:33 PM
Well you cannot simply install the PPLM firmware and not change the settings and expect it to work.

There is a IU life stop setting (as mentioned, in Service Mode) and another one if you press stop-0-c in Service Mode.
Change switch switches: 51 HEX to F0 switch 55 HEX to 0C

Also, can you print to it with a computer?

Your question was not answered, which i think is relevant in troubleshooting this problem. You asked it twice, but i did not see any reply relating to it. If the machine can print, then it will eliminate if the IU is the cause of not printing for sure and also paper size and type .

Synaux
11-30-2015, 06:36 AM
[/COLOR]

Your question was not answered, which i think is relevant in troubleshooting this problem. You asked it twice, but i did not see any reply relating to it. If the machine can print, then it will eliminate if the IU is the cause of not printing for sure and also paper size and type .
And here I was feeling feel irrelevant. :confused::p (gatta love/hate emoticons)
If you press stop-0-c immediately after you enter service mode, you will get a handful of options--only one is relevant.

Desert Rat
11-30-2015, 06:51 PM
I am not familar with these mods that have been mentioned. The EOL and PPLM mods. Sounds like they are firmware related.
Jmart77 has spoken to me about this and I walked him through the switches.
I have not seen this machine yet.
Looks like I may get a chance soon.
I will look for another post that helped me set those switches. I think there may be another clue
in that post.

Thanks

DR

Desert Rat
11-30-2015, 07:24 PM
Jmart77,
I think this may be the missing piece of the puzzle.

1. Press the Utility/Counter key.
2. Touch [Meter Count] on the touchscreen.
3. Touch [Check Details] on the touchscreen.
4. Press Stop, 0, 0, Stop, 0, 1.
5. Press Stop, 0, C.
6. Touch [IU Life Stop Setting] on the touchscreen.
7. Touch [No Stop] on the touchscreen.
8. Touch [END] on the touchscreen.
9. Touch [Exit] on the touchscreen.

Give this a try, it worked for me.

DR

jmart77
11-30-2015, 07:57 PM
Thanks! Desert Rat!!
That was what she needed, the stupid machine was set to stop print in the primary service mode. All the time I spent on the other stuff,
but it was this stupid stop print setting that was the hold up! Thanks! for all your help!

Consider this a fix--

Desert Rat
11-30-2015, 10:34 PM
Glad I could help.:)

DR

Synaux
12-01-2015, 12:35 AM
Thanks! Desert Rat!!
That was what she needed, the stupid machine was set to stop print in the primary service mode.

-=I guess I need to start using spoons=-

shadow038
12-01-2015, 07:57 PM
Service Mode
System2
SoftSwitch
#51 set to F0 (F,zero)

#55 set to hex 0C ( zero,C)

Custom Search