PDA

View Full Version : C35 tray jam

Custom Search

allan
11-18-2015, 07:57 PM
I have had 2 C35's refusing to pick up paper. Changing out the tray with a new one worked both times.
What can be the matter on the trays. In both locations i replaced the clutch, feed tire, torque assy and spring.
It's not broken like the C252 shaft holders.

copier tech
11-18-2015, 08:23 PM
The shaft where the clutch fits can get polished smooth this causes the clutch to slip.

jrf
11-18-2015, 10:37 PM
I have had 2 C35's refusing to pick up paper. Changing out the tray with a new one worked both times.
What can be the matter on the trays. In both locations i replaced the clutch, feed tire, torque assy and spring.
It's not broken like the C252 shaft holders.

It's usually the metal plate under the feed tyre which has moved position, also check the mylar attached to the plate.

allan
11-19-2015, 05:01 AM
The shaft where the clutch fits can get polished smooth this causes the clutch to slip.

It's not that. I always check for that. I even had the clutch seize to the shaft on these machines.
The feed tire turns, the paper does not get past the separation. Even with the tray removed from the machine driven by hand the same thing happens. It's making me feel defeated.

Maybe the shaft itself is bent. Will have a look at that. I did disassemble and reassemble the lift plate and all looks well.

Custom Search