PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c353 black copies and horrible noise

Custom Search

brent
11-24-2015, 05:19 PM
Pulled the transfer belt out. The blade looked ok. It did not flip but I have never heard such s noise. And black copies. Help!
thank you
Brent

MVPunisher
11-24-2015, 06:37 PM
I feel like the retraction clutch caused this for me once. It was a while back. Not a fun job if thats it,

copyman
11-24-2015, 08:00 PM
Could be the toner recycling system is backed up with hard toner. Hopefully I'm wrong because this is no easy job! I have heard of some replacing the machine instead of attempting this repair.

By the way the retraction clutch repair is not fun but is easy compared to repairing the clogged toner recycling tube!

Best of luck

brent
11-24-2015, 09:46 PM
I will recheck I did look in the recycling end of the transfer belt and it was not stuck.. if this is like the c360 I have done those before.. not really fun but doable.. its just the noise is way different.. the c360 had a different type. this one is just screaming with a high pitched sound and the toner collection box was not packed or anything.. I will revisit and report back
thanks
brent

copier addict
11-24-2015, 09:52 PM
A blocked toner recycling system isn't going to cause black copies/prints. I would be leaning toward black IU.

brent
11-24-2015, 11:09 PM
went down there today. different noises I hear.. the belt is not bound and all 4 image units are not bound. fuser rotates as well. it sounds like it is something to do with the belt
copies are horrible.. and I am going to try to insert one as a sample here thanks
brent31341

Synaux
11-26-2015, 01:28 AM
Have you looked at the gears that drive the Transfer Belt??
edit *that is ugly--upload a video of the sound if can*

brent
11-26-2015, 01:34 AM
I don't know how to upload a video. If it. It's nasty though. And yes I have manually rotated the gears they drive the belt. They seem fine

Synaux
11-26-2015, 02:38 AM
I don't know how to upload a video. If it. It's nasty though. And yes I have manually rotated the gears they drive the belt. They seem fine
We do not condone posting of nasty videos here, sir. :p

brent
11-26-2015, 03:03 AM
i thought about it after I had written it. Lol. I will be back on this problem this next week. And I hope I can get it. And I hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving.
Brent

allan
11-26-2015, 05:42 PM
Could be the toner recycling system is backed up with hard toner. Hopefully I'm wrong because this is no easy job! I have heard of some replacing the machine instead of attempting this repair.

By the way the retraction clutch repair is not fun but is easy compared to repairing the clogged toner recycling tube!

Best of luck

Takes 7 hours flat to fix that. But that comes with a code.
The waste toner collection coil can and does bind up from compressed toner. The gear slipping makes one hell of a noise.

Synaux
12-01-2015, 12:51 AM
Takes 7 hours flat to fix that. But that comes with a code.
The waste toner collection coil can and does bind up from compressed toner. The gear slipping makes one hell of a noise.
Yea I have heard stories. Someone even posted a video of doing it, but I can't seem to find it.

habik
12-02-2015, 09:35 AM
I never had waste toner compacted in exhaust tubes (augers). You can actually pull the auger out when you have the ITB drive taken out.

I did however have had toner hopper auger mechanism being seized, mainly in Cyan. And to fix that, if you are lucky try to vacuum out the toner from hoppers from the top of the machine whilst imaging units, ITB and erase lamps are out (for easier access and open the bottom hopper shutters. With a bit of a luck you get the crumbed toner out. If not, this can follow.

Syanux- did you mean these videos? I can make another which is make the noise as I have one machine in the office :P. Lekker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeTjSW-Styk

EarthKmTech
12-02-2015, 09:53 AM
I never had waste toner compacted in exhaust tubes (augers). You can actually pull the auger out when you have the ITB drive taken out.

I did however have had toner hopper auger mechanism being seized, mainly in Cyan. And to fix that, if you are lucky try to vacuum out the toner from hoppers from the top of the machine whilst imaging units, ITB and erase lamps are out (for easier access and open the bottom hopper shutters. With a bit of a luck you get the crumbed toner out. If not, this can follow.

Syanux- did you mean these videos? I can make another which is make the noise as I have one machine in the office :P. Lekker.

Seen this done by another tech once, scared for life. Had it happen to me once in the field, sent the machine to the crusher - i dont want any part of that crap ;)

brent
12-08-2015, 09:35 PM
replaced the belt today. the noise is gone but the copies are still very bad.. any other thoughts?

thanks
brent

Synaux
12-09-2015, 02:17 AM
replaced the belt today. the noise is gone but the copies are still very bad.. any other thoughts?

thanks
brent

Seeing how the a new transfer belt fixed the noise, I would revisit the driving mechanism for the belt (sorry if I am being redundant).

brent
12-09-2015, 06:53 PM
you are not being redundant.. and if you are that is good.. the noise was super bad. but before the belt came I was able to quiet it down
the copies are super bad. I am going to try to schedule some time this week to work on it again.
this one is kicking my ass..

where is the easy button on this one.. lol

brent

brent
12-09-2015, 07:46 PM
copier addict is the bomb.. I cant believe it and I was overthinking it.. I had a drum last week.. didn't give it a second thought.. 5 minutes ago I re read this thread and said what the heck.. I just replaced the black iu. and boom it is fixed

I owe you guys

brent

Synaux
12-09-2015, 08:59 PM
copier addict is the bomb.. I cant believe it and I was overthinking it.. I had a drum last week.. didn't give it a second thought.. 5 minutes ago I re read this thread and said what the heck.. I just replaced the black iu. and boom it is fixed

I owe you guys

brent
You had a bad transfer belt AND a bad black IU? Some luck you got there!
I had the same thing with a black IU took it out and banged it around a few times and reinstalled it and it stopped...and completely forgot about it until now.
Glad to see you got it sorted out!

brent
12-09-2015, 11:09 PM
I did get lucky.. the drum unit actually ate the cleaning blade. I am just not happy I didn't see it earlier..
I appreciate yalls help for sure

brent

Custom Search