PDA

View Full Version : BizHub 283. First time for everything

Custom Search

copyman
11-27-2015, 11:36 PM
I have worked on many Bizhub's and have never seen this before. I bought this 283 off lease and when you turn machine on, after the hourglass is on for a few seconds a company's ad comes on for a few more seconds, then the basic screen with ready to copy. Looks like the ad is for the company that must have sold & serviced the machine before being sent back to leasing co.

Anyone know how to get rid of this. Even though it is only for a few seconds hate to sell a machine and the customer sees a different company name on the display. I tried formatting the HDD but that didn't work.

Any help appreciated getting rid of this.

Thanks in advance

EarthKmTech
11-28-2015, 01:55 AM
you are talking about the custom boot screen, its there for dealers to customise the machine.

You can remove it, I'll see if i can find the instructions.

copyman
11-28-2015, 02:20 AM
Hey EarthKM Tech,

Yep that sounds like it is the dealer boot screen. Really appreciate if you can help me remove it.

Thanks

splblazer91
11-28-2015, 04:57 AM
in service mode there should be a button that says "Boot Up Screen". go there and see if it gives you the option to delete the file. Ive never had to delete one so im just guessing here.

copier tech
11-28-2015, 11:11 AM
Turn on the machine while holding down utility/counter button, wait till you see a black dot in the corner of the screen & release.

You then get the option to delete the boot up screen.

It's a nice option to add, looks quite professional, I add my company logo to all out Bizhubs.

copyman
11-28-2015, 01:23 PM
Copier tech, thanks for the info. I also found tab in tech rep mode under sys 2 and deleted it there. How hard is it to add company logo to boot screen? Is it done with a flash drive or connected to PC?

Thanks again

copier tech
11-28-2015, 02:41 PM
Yes easy to do, you just need the imaging toolkit program, this software coverts your chosen picture to the correct name & file type, you then simply put this on a usb pen drive, plug it into the usb port near the control panel then install the picture in service model, level 2 boot up screen.

shadow038
12-01-2015, 08:05 PM
Service Mode
System 2...the second page
Bootup Screen

select delete

Should remove the image

Custom Search